scuba books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am reading "An American Underwater Odyssey" by Charles Ballinger. So far, this is a quick, easy, interesting read. The author dove in all 50 states and wrote about his experience, and the book is divided up by states.
I stumbled onto this book by accident trying to find some place near KY to dive in the winter time....now I have a list!

Just finished a great book, “Stars Beneath the Sea, The Pioneers of Diving” by Trevor Norton.

I just wanted to thank everyone who has purchased my book. It's finally posted on amazon if you feel like doing a book review. :eyebrow:

gela

I purchased your book, I was going to take it on vacation with me but... couldn't wait to read it. Unfortunately, I read it in 2 nights.. darn. I really enjoyed it BUT wish it was longer...I like big, thick books... Add some more pages to your next one OK... I'll be waiting for it.

ScubaDoobaDo:
I purchased your book, I was going to take it on vacation with me but... couldn't wait to read it. Unfortunately, I read it in 2 nights.. darn. I really enjoyed it BUT wish it was longer...I like big, thick books... Add some more pages to your next one OK... I'll be waiting for it.

Thanks! The next one definately be longer. I'm a little more organized now.

Not necessarily a scuba movie, but "The Big Blue" is an excellent movie about freediving. It's very well done.

SHADOW DIVERS by Robert Kurson (one of the best books I have read period!!)
The Last Dive
Dark Descent
Neutral Buoyancy

Movies...

The Blue Planet (perhaps the finest documentary on this funny planet of water we call Earth)
La Grande Bleu ( I second that!!!) by Luc Besson
The ABYSS (OF COURSE)
Atlantis by Luc Besson (great doc with musical chapters)

If you like the U-Boat stories then try "The Golden Horseshoe" a chronicle of the most successfull U-Boat of the II-WW - totally fascinating read and well worth the time.

Clive Cussler is good fun but not very accurate for diving - Atlantis Found - which I just happen to be reading now - talks about DP using a full-face mask but then in the same chapter has him spitting out the regulator to bite some-one - hmmm, lets think about that!

Still the list so far is great.

While this is more of a U-Boat History...
I just finished IRON COFFINS by Herbert Werner and it is one of the most engrossing non-fiction books on war I have read. He is one of the very few commanders to actually survive the whole war. Great Stuff...

D

I would agree with many of the books posted here. As a fairly new diver I found "The Certified Divers Handbook" by Clay Coleman to be a huge help. Very informative and not at all boring or textbookish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom