Scuba Club Cozumel Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you share a ride with someone in a taxi, do you split the ride price or there is an extra cost for extra people?

PS: Can you confirm that there are no tips on cab fare?

Not tipping the taxi drivers is a personal preference. I rarely take cabs but always tip them when i do. So people feel that every taxi driver is a crook i guess.

Suit yourself, but I never drink from the tap in Mexico. Bottled water is ubiquitous and the penalty for being wrong is too much risk for my preference; YMMV. One man's paranoia is another man's prudence, I guess.

But yeah, the ice is fine; it's all made in the same plant or couple of plants and the makeup water is filtered for bacteria. I eat most any/everywhere and I've rarely (but not never) had problems.

Ooops - I didn't mean that I drink the tap water - YUK! I don't drink the tap water in my house in CA! I meant the bottled water is plentiful, and I have never had a problem with ice cubes. I use the tap water to brush my teeth, but always do a bottled water rinse!!

I don't think you need it this time of year...but our dry back always has a sweater and our lightweight wind breaker. Even if the weather is nice; it is easier than putting on the suntan lotion.

Betty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom