Scuba.com....good or bad experiences???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ordered a tank from them about a year ago. There was a problem with the valve not fitting my first stage. Emailed them several times, they never responded. I wound up buying the valve locally.

I don't understand why any retailer would only handle returns/exchanges/repairs 3 days a week. Also, someone should be empowered to deal with customer issues on a daily basis rather than waiting 3 days for some 'big dog' management guy to be in to make a decision.

I was told twice that I would receive an email informing me of the status of my return. No emails, no calls. I was also given the line several times: "If you don't hear from someone by the end of the day...give us a call tomorrow".

I can be very understanding if inventory issues cause delays but please keep in touch with me keep me informed. I dropped over $650 on the entire order. Please give me a call scuba.com!

I have only ordered from them 2 or 3 times but so far I have never had any problems.

I have not bought anything major from them, mainly a lot of small accessories like mesh bags, hose clips, slates, first aid kit refills and some other stuff. Good prices, good service, I'm a satisfied customer.

I've ordered from them probably about a dozen times, never had a problem. Always delivered on time, as promised. They give you a FedEx tracking number so you can track your order.

I have ordered and returned a few items (sent the wrong size). No major problem if you know exactly what you want. I did not find their costumer service very knowledgable.

I have used them 3 - 4 times... had to return once with no issues... of course, I live less than 20 miles away, so I just will called my tanks. Hope they resolve this for you.

I usually shop on-line and then drive down to Irvine (California) and pick up what I need. The storefront is clean and kept much nicer than some LDS, which is odd because they are a full service shop with tank fills. The staff are always friendly and knowledgeable, but without any buying pressure. Overall, my experience with scuba.com has been excellent! :D

Glad to hear that most have had good experiences. I did too before this issue arose. I had to call again today and finally got my FIRST return call and some straight answers. After spending 10 days in the returns department my item will finally be sent to the manufacturer for replacement. This is after I asked the manufacturer, Oceanic, to intercede on my behalf. Oceanic will also ship the replacement directly to me - bypassing Scuba.com.

Caveat Emptor:

1. Scuba.com's returns department only works on Mon/Wed/Fri.

2. The decision maker works Mon. through Thurs. (how can I get that schedule?:))

3. If you take them up on the "150% price match" offer it will be provided in the form of a gift certificate for future purchase, not a refund on your credit card.

4. They waited to gather multiple items before sending returns to manufacturers - thus the 10 day lag.

Sorry to vent, but being a sales manager of 20 people, I try to instill responsiveness and good client communication in my staff and would hope to be treated the same way as a customer. Inventory issues may be beyond your control but prompt communication is not.

I sent them a link to this thread to invite comment. We'll see.

.......I just want to get wet with my new gear!

Hi Eduardo,
The BC was sent back to Oceanic after we talked and should arrive there by Thursday. Per your request the BC will be shipped directly back to you from Oceanic. You were issued a credit of $10 for your return shipping. The BC has a Full Manufacturer's Warranty, thus it could have been sent directly back to Oceanic (which we say to do because it is faster) or take it to any authorized Oceanic dealer. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you encountered with your last order.

The 150% price match: this is what we have posted on our website: (I bolded the line about the credit)
What is all this commotion about 150% Ultimate Price Protection?
Scuba.com knows that our customers value many things, including friendly, professionally trained staff, terrific service and big savings on scuba equipment. But we don't stop there. If, within 30 days of your purchase from Scuba.com, you find the same item advertised by an authorized SCUBA dealer for less, show us the ad and we'll give you 150% of the difference as a credit towards your next purchase of scuba diving equipment. 150% Price Protection does not apply to special order products (ie: Products that do not appear on our website)

You were given two options which I thought were fair, we could either match the price you found for less and credit it to your card OR we can give you a 150% of the difference towards your next purchase. You decided to refund the item, so we issued a refund.

The 10 day lag time: Usually all defective merchandise is sent out to the manufacturer within 5 to 7 business days. It just does not make sense to send 7 different shipments out to one vendor in a one week period; each return shipment being at least $10 a piece (that would be at least $70 a week for one manufacturer). We carry over 100 manufacturers. Most manufacturers like Oceanic (http://www.scuba.com/resources/repair_info.asp) allow you to send your product directly back to them for servicing. This allows you to get your service or repair item much quicker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom