Scuba.com....good or bad experiences???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis:
I don't often comment about customer service issues with specific scuba operations, and especially ones against which I compete on a daily basis.

...... Trust me guys, this is a first class operation.

He now knows that problem. You can be ASSURED that it will be cleaned up immediately. Remember, a quality operation can make a mistake. The real measure is how the mistake is handled once everyone understands it.

Phil Ellis

Phil: Very nice comments from another first class dive retailer. I echo your remarks regarding Jim Herndon. He and Melinda have built one of the best SCUBA operations in the country. They work hard at it and I agree the real measure of a good business is how they handle the mistakes.

I bought my son's and my class equipment (mask, fins, snorkel, etc..) from scuba.com Great customer service, delivered as promised and on-time. Looking to order the rest of my stuff from them as well (i.e. about $2,000 in equipment). They will match prices and the stuff they sell is under "manufactuer" warranty.

Given I'm about to order 2k more in stuff, that should say enough.

The only thing I bought at my LDS was wetsuit and boots. Why? Because those things are very fit specific and I need the try it out in person. Otherwise everything else is a commodity and can be purchased anywhere that is authorized.

My LDS also tries to enforce the "you can't use equipment in our pool, or on trips orgainzed by us... unless it is purchased from them or an authorized dealer".

That allows them to try and keep the prices at MSRP. Well I will be cutting that cost in half ($3000 in equipment for $1500) and will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Be smart and buy it online... competition is a GOOD thing!

Wikel: I'm in the same boat. The LDS where I did my OW lost about $2000 worth of sales because they were marking up from MSRP and offering a 10% "discount" over the holidays. Like most, I would gladly pay a little more for the convenience of a brick & mortar store but I don't like being bullied or taken for a fool.

P.S.: I did finally receive the replacement BC from Oceanic last week. The communication from Scuba.com improved when Doug Krause of Oceanic got involved. Thanks Doug!

As most have noted, they seem to be decent people doing an honest business - with the benefit of a great internet domain name. But then again, companies like Gateway, PanAm, GM, and Kmart were once leaders in their markets until competitors that offered a better value proposition (ie. bang for the buck) to consumers took their market share away. Retailing is especially competitive.... it will be survival of the fittest.

Due to price-matching, Scuba retailers are essentially competing on inventory availability, advice, service, and expedient delivery.

All's well that ends well. I'm better informed and will give them a try again in the future.

I have never had ony problem with their customer service department they were great in my opinion.

sorry for the problem can only recommend visibility unlimited best customer service i have ever have had on anything i have ever purchased speak with cathy website below

www.oceanicrealm.com

sam

only did business with them once or twice. prompt delivery, order accurately filled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom