Scuba Cylinder Caddy/Carrier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is much more hazardous material than a scuba tank. I guess if you want to take it to extremes we can placard everything including your vehicle that you drove it in - you know to be really safe...

My wife always freaks out when I store the extra propane tank for the gas grille in our garage...

She: "Are you crazy!?!? You can't store something flammable like that in the garage!!!"
Me: "What do you suggest I do with the ~50 gallons of gasoline in the tanks of the cars in the garage?"
She: "Uh... that's different!"

---------- Post added May 18th, 2015 at 07:30 PM ----------

It started as 2 separate thoughts but was combined by others previous to you and discussed so just drop it please. I won't be back to comment on your reply.

Yeah... I didn't finish reading the thread when I replied.

If you have a detached garage - no issue you only lose the garage... :D
But if it is attached to the house just use caution - gas is usually stored in the plastic containers and will melt or burn on the ground - no real explosion but it will add to the fire. If the fireman have access to the home - they will start on the unburnt side and push the fire out the garage doors (exit) through the already burnt portion - saves a lot of property...
But propane - always away from the house or garage - never inside the home or condo or apartment building.

This is the one that always saddens me -

[h=2]New Jersey Firefighter Evacuates Residents, Dies In Explosion[/h]
New Jersey Firefighter Evacuates Residents, Dies In Explosion

ANTHONY JOHNSON
Courtesy of ABC7

A firefighter was killed battling a second-alarm fire in New Brunswick, N.J. Friday morning.

It is a day of mourning for New Brunswick's bravest following the death of a veteran firefighter.

Deputy Chief Jim D'Heron was killed fighting flames in a multi-family home on Lee Avenue early this morning.

Deputy Fire Chief Jim D'Heron arrived in a vehicle around 3:00 a.m. He jumped out the vehicle, ran into the house where the fire was taking place and told those people inside it was time to get out just before he lost his life.

Chrystalina Hernandez, Fire Victim: "I feel sorry for the fireman who died. I tried to help him and he came in and helped us. He saved our lives."

Chrystalina Hernandez moved into the multi-family home on Wednesday. And in the middle of the night, smoke filled her room and she heard a voice telling her to get out quickly. It was the voice of firemen Jim D'Heron who ran into the building to warn the residents. He also may have saved over a dozen people before he died.

Deputy Chief Robert Rawls: "You never expect it to be one of us, but before we leave home in the morning we kiss the wife and the kids then do what we have to do."

It appears that a propane tank stored in the house exploded and D'Heron was severely burned and died on the scene. All of the occupants were rescued. Many of the immigrants living at the house are now being assisted by the Red Cross.

Over at the firehouse, the purple and black bunting have now gone up and the American flag is now at half-staff in remembrance of a 23-year veteran who died saving others.

Lawrence Petrillo, NJ State Fire Marshal: "The guy was a hero. He was a firefighter that most firefighters would look up to. I am just glad I knew him."

The cause of this fire is still under investigation.

Firehouse.Com News:

The New Brunswick Fire Department reports that funeral services for James D'Heron are scheduled for Wednesday, September 8th at 9 a.m. at St. Peter's Church in New Brunswick. A large turnout is expected, and the department asks that anyone planning to attend please notify the department via fax at (732) 246-3126. Attendees will then receive further information including directions and staging areas.

The family requests that in lieu if flowers, any donations be made to the St. Barnabas Burn Foundation at 94 Old short Hills Rd. in Livingston, NJ 07039. The foundation can be reached by phone at (973) 322-4344.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...r.jsp?id=34755

Reactions: RJP
Yeah, it's only ever stored there for a day or two if I'm too lazy to carry both tanks around to the backyard deck when I get back from Lowes.

My wife always freaks out when I store the extra propane tank for the gas grille in our garage...

She: "Are you crazy!?!? You can't store something flammable like that in the garage!!!"
Me: "What do you suggest I do with the ~50 gallons of gasoline in the tanks of the cars in the garage?"
She: "Uh... that's different"

If you have a detached garage - no issue you only lose the garage... :D
But if it is attached to the house just use caution - gas is usually stored in the plastic containers and will melt or burn on the ground - no real explosion but it will add to the fire. If the fireman have access to the home - they will start on the unburnt side and push the fire out the garage doors (exit) through the already burnt portion - saves a lot of property...
But propane - always away from the house or garage - never inside the home or condo or apartment building.
:D The wife is right yet again. And got that in writing on the Internet. Got to love it!

And got that in writing on the Internet.

If an idea being "in writing on the internet" is the final arbiter of who is right and wrong... we're all in a world of trouble!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom