Scuba Death at Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there on my third dive ever, taking a lesson. One of my instructors responded to his calls for help. His "buddy" was in a state of shock just watching. Unfortunately, the poor fellow simply panicked from getting caught in kelp and came straight up.

One of things you'll learn as you continue your scuba education is the important distinction between observations and conclusions when doing accident analysis. Upon what do you base your statement that the victim had been entangled in kelp and panicked.

Posted via Mobile Device

One of things you'll learn as you continue your scuba education is the important distinction between observations and conclusions when doing accident analysis. Upon what do you base your statement that the victim had been entangled in kelp and panicked.

Posted via Mobile Device

Because he said it before he died. One of things you should know regarding the internet is not to have a pedantic tone to new members.

Because he said it before he died. One of things you should know regarding the internet is not to have a pedantic tone to new members.

Another thing about the Internet is that tone is easily misinterpreted. I wasn't being pedantic. I wanted us all to know what you saw and heard, as opposed to what you concluded. Your response is very helpful. Thanks.

Did he say anything else?

Posted via Mobile Device

Another thing about the Internet is that tone is easily misinterpreted. I wasn't being pedantic. I wanted us all to know what you saw and heard, as opposed to what you concluded. Your response is very helpful. Thanks.

Did he say anything else?

Posted via Mobile Device

Yea, you really were. Careful with your tone on the internet. He did say some things and do some things and appear a certain way, but out of respect to the family and my unfamiliarity with this forum I think on retrospect I ought to keep it private. I probably shouldn't have posted in the first place.

I weighed my doubles once all set up for cave diving and discovered they weigh a bit over 140 pounds with plate, wing, tanks, regs, can light, primary reel and jump reels.

I figure if I survive hauling them along with 15 more pounds of dry suit, mask, fins, etc down to the sink to get in the water, I have just survived the most strenous part of the dive.

...I figure if I survive hauling them along with 15 more pounds of dry suit, mask, fins, etc down to the sink to get in the water, I have just survived the most strenous part of the dive.
Well, if it isn't, you're in deep kimchee!
:)
Rick

Yea, you really were. Careful with your tone on the internet. He did say some things and do some things and appear a certain way, but out of respect to the family and my unfamiliarity with this forum I think on retrospect I ought to keep it private. I probably shouldn't have posted in the first place.

oh please share (really)..
with all thoughts and prayers to the victim and family-
it is EXTREMELY rare when others can understand what happened to a victim of a scuba accident. you may have info that can save a life. if there is anything the victim said that may help someone else (either directly or indirectly) please share.
as with any forum, some of the folks may seem a little rough. most , however, are here to learn and share the knowledege they have to help others.
if i "go down" i encourage all to discuss and share any thought, in the hopes it MAY help somebody from being hurt...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom