Scuba Diver Pulled Down 300 Feet Below by Giant Tuna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I don't spear fish)......but couldn't he just let go?
:idk:

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I don't spear fish)......but couldn't he just let go?
:idk:

What, and lose his expensive new spear gun? Probably, wisely attached it to his D ring to prevent just such a loss! :popcorn:

Darwin Award candidate?

Ooooooooh! You think he was spear fishing THAT particular tuna???? Geez!

I'm a little new and clueless...is spearfishing wrong?

I have no idea if spear fishing is illegal there, but if you are spearing a fish that large, you need to both, make sure you have a clean kill shot, and ensure that you can break free of the gun/line/fish, if you do not!

I see a lot of joking on this thread, and we're talking about a poor guy, a fellow scuba diver, who was minding his own business when attacked by a giant fish. He might not even survive and this is a source of material for humor?

I'm shocked at such a display of cruelty.

What if the incident went unnoticed and the tuna was caught in a net and got all mashed up for tuna fish and someone opened up a can of tuna one day and there was the guy's eyeball staring up at them or something?

I personally could never get past something like that.

I
What if the incident went unnoticed and the tuna was caught in a net and got all mashed up for tuna fish and someone opened up a can of tuna one day and there was the guy's eyeball staring up at them or something?

I personally could never get past something like that.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: That's a good one!

:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom