Scuba Diver Pulled Down 300 Feet Below by Giant Tuna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still laughing?

May you open a can of tuna and be faced with his genitals.

Struck me as an attempt at humor too.

I'll wait to post any sage words until we actually have some details on how this happened.

Tuna drags scuba diver into the deep
By Evelyn Macairan (The Philippine Star) Updated October 26, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - A scuba diver was injured when a tuna dragged him 300 feet underwater in Kiamba, Sarangani, according to the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG).

The diver, Ramir Te, was on a fishing expedition at around 5:45 p.m. last Saturday when a tuna pulled him underwater. -- funny statement. wonder where he was when the tuna pulled him underwater? the beach?

PCG spokesman Lieutenant Commander Arman Balilo said they were still figuring out how it happened.

Te was transported by a helicopter of the Philippine Air Force to Cagayan de Oro the following day and was given medical attention. He is bound for Cebu today on board a commercial ship.

Still laughing?

Of course I'm still laughing! They don't mash tuna whole and put it in a can... :eyebrow: It was pretty funny...

You were being serious? Well then.... :rofl3::rofl3: Sorry... I'll pull myself together now...:wink:

Of course I'm still laughing! They don't mash tuna whole and put it in a can... :eyebrow: It was pretty funny...

You were being serious? Well then.... :rofl3::rofl3: Sorry... I'll pull myself together now...:wink:

There is nothing funny about consuming the mashed genitalia of an expired diver.

At least, not that I can see.

And thanks to CODMAN and others like him, I will no longer be able to open a can of tuna without a fair degree of trepidation.

I might even have to pull back the lid and peek before opening it fully.

Still laughing?

Only cod eat genitals... ergo it's called a "cod piece". :D

I guess this will teach him to try to dance to that tuna. :D

I also hope he fully recovers. But the weirdness of this is off the, uh, scale.

But the weirdness of this is off the, uh, scale.

Stranger things have happened.

chicken-mcnugget.jpg

must be spearfishing... and if he is, he deserves to be dragged down.

The victim needed to be chambered due to not being able to do proper safety stops,"

I'm wondering if he also needed to be disinfected, assuming that somewhere along the way, a Warhammer Maneuver was invoked?

:mooner:

A couple of years ago, we had a free diver shoot a Jew Fish down in Miami. Unfortunately for him, he had his gun strapped to his wrist. The Jew Fish ducked under a coral reef with the diver and he perished.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom