Scuba Mag's Reader Ratings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree 100%. Liquid Blue with Michella, Roberto and Jorge is excellent. BT maximized with 120s and Nitrox. Can handle divers from the Devils Throat to Palancar Gardens.

I did a dive with Jorge to Devil's Throat I will never forget! And a very detailed diving briefing which included deep stops. :thumb:

Jorge seems to be more interested in checking new stuff out. Roberto although a great divemaster is focused too much on the biz and getting the dive done.

Fish_Whisperer:
I hate Scuba Magazine. I can't wait until my subscription expires. Hrmph...

Here's some Breaking News for you Fish. Once you cancel your sub. to Scuba, you'll still get it sent to you for months to come. I cancelled mine ten years ago and got copies for close to a year afterward. It's ALL about advertising with those folks. We stayed at a Hotel on Roatan that they highly recommended and were EXTREMELY disappointed.

AggieDiver:
I suspect that they won't score ops with fewer than a certain number of responses. If you assume that prior to getting her new boat, Christi could take at most 6 divers per day out, and that with Wilma and other slow periods, she might get that total for 330 days a year or so...that leaves her with 1980 potential divers. If you assume that each of them is on a 3-5 day package with her (divide by 4), that leaves 495 divers who could refer her. If you then assume that most are either couples or at least two friends diving together, where only one would report on the trip for both of them together...that leaves 248. If they get what is probably a high rate of responses like 10% of all her customers, they would get 25 responses...which is probably nowhere near the min. they require for scoring...

I am sure the numbers work out the same way for alot of the smaller ops.
Ditto. The intro to the article states that an op needed at least 100 reviews to qualify for the list. Scubaboard is a much better source for that type of info.

TexasScuba53:
.... BT maximized with 120s and Nitrox..

Ah, brings back good memories. 5 divers, 120's, everyone on nitrox, San Francisco and Santa Rosa.........:D

Christi is perfectly fine for us... and it's even better that she is not listed in the magazine - she is already busy enough.

IMO, Scuba Diving has gone way downhill since Rodale's sold it. My subscription is about to run out and I'm debating whether or not I want to re-up with them. I'll take Sport Diver over Scuba Diving any day...

They haven't been the same since they hired all the people from Skin Diver. What was that about...I mean hello! The magazine went under for a reason!

Along those lines...what mag does everybody here think is the best one out there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom