Scuba Mag's Reader Ratings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
We don't pay for advertising in the mag...same way it worked when it was Rodales. Take those with a grain of salt. Not saying that the ops listed aren't good ops, just that the listing is far from exhaustive or inclusive.

here here Christi

Mawg:
Here's some Breaking News for you Fish. Once you cancel your sub. to Scuba, you'll still get it sent to you for months to come. I cancelled mine ten years ago and got copies for close to a year afterward. It's ALL about advertising with those folks. We stayed at a Hotel on Roatan that they highly recommended and were EXTREMELY disappointed.

Sheesh... I'm not surprised. Chagrined, but not surprised. Hrmph....

yeah, I'm not renewing Scuba Diving, it's gotten pretty worthless and I figure they'll keep sending it anyway. I think most years of my sub were free from something anyway. Free is ok. If they don't send them that's ok too.

When I want to research a potential operator at a new site, I may look at the ratings in Scuba Diving but I give the greatest weight to those opinions rendered here on ScubaBoard and in Undercurrents.

Having just returned from a week diving with BXTS and Christi's great crew - Mago, Pedro and Arturo - as a return customer she gets my vote 100% of the time. The "smallness" of her operation allows for her personalization of the trips but it still is a professional operation that understands what customer service and safety mean. And now that she has Shamu and Bandito there is more versatility to the op. We saw more sites that I had not been to in the past and even did "different" sites like one where we saw 52 turtles, eels and a large school of tarpon on one dive.

I've dove with several operators in seven trips to Coz in the last three years. I can honestly say my best experiences have been with Christi and Blue XT Sea. She seems totally dedicated to seeing that her customers get what they pay for.......can't wait to go back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom