Scuba plans for 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will probably attempt to finally have a year with over 100 dives...

As for diving destinations, Bonaire in mid-Feb for two weeks, Key largo in July and maybe Roatan in the fall. If Roatan does not materialize, considering Cozumel for two weeks, in Nov - Dec timeframe.

Have a dive planned for 10:00 AM on New Years morning, so that's a good start I think.

i want to go to xcalac and chinchorro both almost virgin places for scuba diving in mexico, the first one is accessible the second one is really expensive about 800 us just to rent a bout for 5 person then we need to hire a divemaster or a instructor plus the equipment... but people that has been there says is amazing so lets try this year.

Traveling to San Diego in late January, with half-a-dozen recent students for company. Diving highlights will include Yukon, Ruby E, and the canyon at La Jolla Shores. Lots of night dives, too.

This is my chance to introduce some of them to wreck diving. San Diego is where I did my first-ever wreck dives, in the company of a much-more-experienced diver.

Jay, wherever you are, Happy New Year.

Finally picked up a deal on a drysuit. Looks like I'll being getting an education on using it properly. Would like to try some sissy (warm water) diving and the most important thing to do in 2012, keep breathing while under water!!
Of course the usual, dive as much as possible!:coffee:

Russia, Japan, Turkey, Caves on private land and any where divers have not been yet.......

1. EFR course January
2. Several trips to quarries within driving distance
3. Two trips to Florida springs
4. Rescue course
5. Scubaboard Cozumel Invasion
6. Grand Cayman
7. Hope to make it to BHB this year

All total, I'm shooting for 50 dives this year (more would be better)

At least a couple of shore dives per week, around 10 boat charters, and a trip to the Dominican Republic.

As for training, get my rescue certification and get both the nitrox and wreck specialities before the Dominican Republic trip.

And improve my photography skills enough that'd I be tempted to watermark my photos.

Leaving for Cozumel on the 14th!

Would like to have Master Diver Cert by the end of the year

This is fun to think about :)

Here is my menu of 2012 diving possibilities:

1) Continue to improve the fundamental skills I'm working on.

2) More springs (I've just had a taste so far).

3) Cavern certification/diving.

4) Try sidemount or backmounted doubles, to see what they feel like and if I think I could/would ever want to dive them.

5) Some day/goal/dream/craving ..... Cenotes

6) Shallow/reefs are always fun, so I want to keep diving those - Blue Heron Bridge?

7) Learn to dive in a drysuit, so I can dive in the PNW.

8) Oh, and this should have been first: Move to someplace with good local diving! Preferably to include shore diving :)

Back
Top Bottom