Scuba plans for 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to start diving SoCal (as soon as I buy an "OH MY GOD!!" size wet suit). Then between August and Jan I hope to dive at least two of the following: Niihau Galapagos Coz Multiple destinations in Fiji (hey once I pay the air fare to get to Fiji I refuse to come back for at least a couple of months) Belize

Well, travel in 2012 is going to be a little curtailed due to some financial uncertainties :( but I'm still hoping for two Mexican cave diving trips. We are going back up to Port Hardy in August (the same trip Bob is doing) and I'm really hoping to do a few more "mini-trips" up to Vancouver Island over the course of the year. There's so much diving up there that we haven't even seen!

I'm involved in the new GUE-Seattle group, and we're going to be getting a branch of Project Baseline up and running. For those who aren't familiar with it, Project Baseline is an ambitious idea of trying to do some extensive documentation of dive sites, so that the phenomenon of "shifting baseline" doesn't happen. (Too many people don't dive for very long, and the new divers coming up behind them don't know if the environment was always like that, so they think whatever they see is normal.) I think this is going to involve a lot of energy and creativity, and should be enormous fun.

Going on a dive trip with the whole family in Curacao and the wife and I will dive with our son and grandson for the first time.

Reactions: Foo
We have plans for rec diving in the Bahamas and Belize, continuing tech training in the Caymans and the Keys, and starting cave training in north Florida. Also, I plan to log at least a hundred local dives here in southern California :)

I will be traveling five minutes a few times each week to get to my favorite diving spot: Key Largo! :D :D :D I just love living here and glad my SO runs a dive shop! :D

I also am planning to attend ScubaBoard's annual invasion of Cozumel in July and then going to the Sea of Cortez in August. Who knows what lies inbetween.

My plans include a liveaboard trip in the Bahamas in late May, more local diving than I've done before (which isn't much, so that should be too hard), possibly a wreck course and hopefully a DM internship in Roatan in the fall. Goal is 35 dives if I don't do DM, 100+ if I do.

Barbados in April and DR in November. Neither are dive trips but both will include diving. That and as much local diving as my family and work schedules will permit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom