Scuba Pro MK25 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure the shop is an authorized Scubapro dealer with an up to date tech. on staff?

It's no longer an issue....the OP's been drawn over to the Dark Side. Besides, "an up to date tech" or not should know how to use a torque wrench and should replace a suspect part such as a blown o-ring.

It's no longer an issue....he's been drawn over to the Dark Side. Besides, "an up to date tech" or not should know how to use a torque wrench and should replace a suspect part such as a blown o-ring.
Why not work with an Authorized Scubapro dealer, go to the " Amazing " Scubapro repair clinic and become a Pro repair tech. Any dive shop could use a Pro Tech.

It sounds like your shop may be happy to have a real Pro.

.....become a Pro repair tech. Any dive shop could use a Pro Tech..

Because I would then have to turn in my Dark Side badge, what would be the fun in that? Lets turn the question around. Why don't you PM me about helping the Dark Side out? I shouldn't mix my movie references, but Resistance is Futile.

Are you sure the shop is an authorized Scubapro dealer with an up to date tech. on staff?

How can a customer tell? Does he get a special Scubapro decal to stick in the doorway?

How does a customer even know who actually works on his gear?

The real question is whether the dive shop is willing to pay for a Pro or not?
You have a point. We, the dive industry, don't charge enough for our professional services.

I feel that our techs get a fair share of the amount the client pays, but I truly wish I could give them more because they deserve it.

We, the dive industry, don't charge enough for our professional services.

:rofl3: I have never heard a business say we charge too much for our services.

How can a customer tell? Does he get a special Scubapro decal to stick in the doorway?

How does a customer even know who actually works on his gear?
The Tech. receives a diploma of completion. It may be displayed in the service area.

The Tech. that services the gear should sign off on the work order. ( that is what we do )

Why not work with an Authorized Scubapro dealer, go to the " Amazing " Scubapro repair clinic and become a Pro repair tech. Any dive shop could use a Pro Tech.

It sounds like your shop may be happy to have a real Pro.

Maybe YOU should take the 'amazing' class, learn a little about regulator function, and then you could contribute something useful to threads like this instead of the same old meaningless drivel about going to an authorized dealer.

Authorized yes.

Up to date and/or responsible, no.

I do not know if they used a torque wrench on the reg when they actually serviced it. And like I said, when I brought it in after it came loose the guy stopped eating to fix it for me. It was more of a quick, here you go, it's tight again type of thing. Now I agree, the wrench should be used any time anything is tightened but they very well may have when they did the actual service.

---------- Post Merged at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Ummm, without working at a dive shop first, how can one take the "amazing" scuba pro class? I'd like to take it just to know my equipment better even if I didn't work at a shop.

edit: nevermind, found the info.

Also, with all the talk over the torque wrench, what does everyone recommend? I have a ft-lb model for torquing down head bolts on an engine but somehow I think it might be a little too much for working on a reg. haha.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom