scuba pro yoke - 300 bar connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I realize that there are fair number of LDS' out there that do not have a torgue wrench, or would know what one was if you hit them over the head with it. I've sat in too many clinics where some "professional" invariably raises his hand and asks, 'what's a flow bench?' or 'what's intermediate pressure?'

So, you are right to be careful. I should probably stress that I mean to take it to a qualified professional who will use the right tools and follow the correct manufacturer's specs.

I can guarantee, that if you bring it to me at the LDS where I work, not only do I have several torgue wrenches, I know how to use them. And, I do make more than $5-$8 per hour.

I know it's hard, but find a good technician near you. I see the damage that bad ones do all the time. I had a guy on our charter boat on Sunday who had to abruptly abort a dive do to his reg freeflowing. Just serviced in March.

When we cracked them open, it was obvious due to seat wear, etc., that they were not properly serviced in March.

There is an increasing number of life's little jobs that I do myself. I just feel better if I fret over it than have someone else work mine in. I know that there are good techs around, but I became frustrated when my regs went to the alleged best tech in Dallas and free flowed. This happened not once but three times. So I went to the factory school when it came to town and got instructed by the head technician at Scubapro, the one that sets up Mr. Johnson's regs every year, and I take lots of time and care with mine. I've not had a problem. I bought a magnahelic and an IP guage and around $200 worth of other tools. It's very satisfying to do your own, and to know how to do them. Some people aren't interested in doing things for themselves, and I feel sorry for them; to use a machine and not really understand how it works.

Guess I ought to get one of those torque wrenches in inch/pounds.......

Back
Top Bottom