Scuba School

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got it Froid, thanks for the input.

Jax-

I see you picked Minnesota Dive School for a discovery dive. They seemed to be a nice group. I have heard good things about them. My wife wanted to stay south of the river so...

Bill

I know it's in Fridley, but I don't even know where Fridley is (don't get west of St. Paul much - live in Cottage Grove and work in Oakdale)! Thank goodness for Tom-Tom!

I think it was you who said you did a couple different discovery dives to decide where to take classes...that's not a bad idea at all! I think I will do that to if I don't like Smith Diving for some reason.

Keep in touch and maybe we could go diving sometime (assuming I still want to after my intro class).

I go through Scuba Center in Eagan for nearly every thing. They are a very good group of folks, and will really work with their regular customers.

Their ice diving classes are fantastic. The guy they have as their CD is a commercial diver with quite a bit of experience diving all over the world, including leading expeditions to the south pole (he's got lion seal tooth marks on one of his fins :) ) A couple of the people there who are instructors were certified through the military and a large number of local public safety divers can usually be found there as well.

Their class sizes tend to be larger in the spring due to travel demands, and being the largest scuba store in the area. But I've known most every instructor there to spend extra out-of-class time with students who need it. My wife spent nearly a full day with an instructor sorting out some issues.

I've had a number of 1-on-1 classes with them by working out a dive time with an instructor. As they have a large number of instructors it is possible to work out private lessons if someone is free (you'll pay a bit more in some cases, but it can and does happen).

They're not the best shop in the world, I'm sure, but honestly I've never had a reason to complain about them, or felt that my instruction was inadequate.

On Thursday of next week - the 21st.

Jax, I would be really interested in hearing how your "disovery dive" went?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom