Scuba Sextant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure I can get you one from my LDS here. I'll look today when I head over there!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but the topic doesn't readily pop up when I search the forums. Does anyone know where I can still buy a scuba sextant? I'm not sure I'd use them a lot, but they were kind of fun during the underwater navigation class and I'd like to add one to my assortment of tools. Thanks.

I have a Scuba Sextant that has never been used in its original packaging if you are still interested.

You are looking for a "Nav-Finder"

View attachment 151479

A quick eBay search finds a "new in package" one at Dixie Divers in Florida.

Yeah, interesting tool. My instructor showed me how to work this-- after he figured it out himself. I can't ever envision using it, but it has a nice home in my log book.

GPS for the win...
Hm. My Garmin has problems acquiring a proper fix underwater. Besides, it's only IP67 certified, i.e. only down to .5msw. Where did you get yours?

Hm. My Garmin has problems acquiring a proper fix underwater. Besides, it's only IP67 certified, i.e. only down to .5msw. Where did you get yours?
You just have to shoot an smb with a wired receiver and put the gps in an underwater housing :p

LOL..I thought of doing this a few months ago...mapping 9 datum points on a 200 year old wreck site...I used a GPS on the surface, me swiming with a drop line to the bottom..had a foam kickboard float for the GPS ...I thought that should be the "next" dive gadget..an underwater GPS with a SAF..Surface Ariel float!..we got a Bronze cannon off that site..

Back
Top Bottom