Scuba Snopes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's not forget "bungied wings have more/less drag than unbungied wings, and this difference is noticeable, especially when you have doubles, multiple stages & a dry suit on"

When wearing a wetsuit, a thin layer of water forms between your body and the suit. Your body will warm up this layer, and this is what keeps you warm. Not the thermal insulating properties of the neoprene.

Heard some great one todays....

Technical divers wear their regulator on a necklace in case they drop it it won't go far.

It's good to be over weighted.

Uncontrolled ascents are a sign that you are underweighted. You need to add even more weight.

Sigh...

If you have a tank O2 cleaned for oxygen and use it one time for air, you need to have it OW cleaned again, regardless of where you get that air.

Not a scuba Snope but.. My sister got nitrogen in her tires, and thought they would explode if she put air in them after that.

Not a scuba Snope but.. My sister got nitrogen in her tires, and thought they would explode if she put air in them after that.
Of course they would! The nitrogen from the tires would mix with the oxygen in the air, producing nitrous oxide... kaboom! Everyone knows that!

:D

"If you dive reverse profile you are at a greater risk of DCS."

"Children should not be allowed to dive nitrox because for reasons nobody is sure of or can explain, it is bad for them."

Per post on expensive regulators for cold water. Poster said his cheap reg never freezes.

Correlation (or lack there of) is not Causation (or lack there of). There are certain regulators (e.g. ScubaPro MK 17) which are sealed and designed well for cold fresh water diving (i.e. < 35 deg C) and they will be less likely to freeze up. There are also certain cold water practices that you can use to prevent a freezing regulator (e.g. not breathing it on the surface).

Gear bought over the internet from one of "those" stores will [insert favorite word - such as kill, maim, debilitate, make you a worse diver, etc, etc] you.

No debating the merits of a LDS to online, but truth be told? I'm still alive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom