Scuba Sport Magazine Continues Rapid Growth, In Over 350 Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joefdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Scuba Sport Magazine (www.scubasportmag.com) can now be found in over 350 “opted in” dive shops, scuba diving centers and charter operators in 37 states, 3 countries & 2 US Territories. The magazine, which debuted in December 2011, has already grown from a prototype to a print circulation of 15,000 in only 5 issues, making it the fastest growing diving magazine in the industry. The digital edition, which is posted on the magazine's website a month after the release of the print edition, is receiving over 1500 downloads within the first 30 days of it's posting.
“When we first decided that we were going to distribute through a network of dive shops, we didn’t want to simply buy, steal or create a list and send out copies unannounced. So all of our participating dive centers have either contacted us to receive copies, filled out a form at the various trade and consumer shows that Scuba Sport had a presence, e-mailed us for copies or have spoken with us on the phone”, said editor Joe Froelich.

The quality of Scuba Sport Magazine, as well as the uniqueness and relevance of its articles has helped. So has the fact that many established industry veterans are already involved. Past contributors include Ty Sawyer, Michele Westmorland, Bonnie Cardone, Michael Lawrence, Jonathan Bird, Fred Garth, Markus Roth, Cesare Naldi & Graeme Teague.

"I learned a long time ago that you can't make chicken salad from chicken droppings. Also, the best meals are made with the best ingredients. We're are trying to strike a balance between established industry veterans and rising stars in our industry. The end result speaks for itself", Froelich said.

Here is what one subscriber had to say: "I've become pretty disillusioned with the state of US dive mags. Your work is on the track I like; a lot more information on the subject at hand. I can't believe how other Scuba mags purport to describe diving in a location like the Cayman's and do it on one page with pix. Just your article on the Isla Mujeres alone was worth it, as I'm planning on doing that trip. Thanks again!"

"We felt that a magazine that appealed strictly to recreational divers was something missing. We wanted to create something that not only entertained as well as informed, but also to create a magazine to help each other rediscover the fun of diving and adventure that hooked us into this sport in the first place", Froelich said.

The magazine is hard at work putting together its 6th issue, which will feature stories such as North Carolina's Sand Tigers, Colombia's Emeralds in a Sea of Blue, Cayman Aggressor IV, The Origins of Boat Terms, Are VIP's REALLY an Unecessary "Cash Cow? and Over/Under photo tutorial by Andy Murch. This issue is scheduled to be released in time for the DEMA show.

If you are a dive center interested in carrying Scuba Sport Magazine, please drop an e-mail requesting copies to joef@scubasportmag.com.

To subscribe for a year, and receive advanced access to current digital issues for as little as $9.99, click here. Or visit the Scuba Sport Magazine website http://www.scubasportmag.com for more details.

Back
Top Bottom