scuba tank holder for boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now why can't you go to LeisurePro's website, do a query
on tank rack, and DYOHW (Do Your Own Home Work)?

FLTEKDIVER:
Thanks, thats what im looking for, i just bought one from a LDS , paid $189, im going to check leisure pro now, cause i need to, have to many tanks :wink: YOu have a item # from them, or a part # ? How much did you pay?

FLTEKDIVER:
Im hoping somone can help here. I just bought a 21' center consoul , and looking for the fiberglass, or not sure , it's some kind of hard plastic tank holder, holds i think 6 tanks, i see people traveling down the highway with then in the back of there pick-up trucks, holding a bunch of tanks standing up. i don't like the roll control system, and i found it at a local dive shop, but it's the cheaper version, cheap plastic. I know they make a heavy duty one, that can hold a bunch of tanks standing up for a boat, anyone know of a website that sells this item? thanks.,any help would be appreciated !!

Hi, I was just wondering if you found a tank holder yet. See I work for Max Holding Systems which just came out with a new scuba tank holder. If your still interested take a look at the website and get back to me at abartek98@aol.com. The website is maxholdingsystems.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sure looks like the Roll Control holders, with the addition
of suction cups to hold them to the boat. I don't think I'd
trust suction cups with something as heavy as a tank
when it gets rock and roll.

And BTW, there are probably more 7.25" diameter 100
cu. ft. tanks (the PST HP100s) around than any other
100 cu. ft. tank. Size does not determine diameter.

And one size fits none. The Roll Control adjustable
holders are nice when a buddy shows up with a different
diameter tank than you are set up for.

Chuck

I am looking for tank racks to mount on the deck of a sailboat that will hold three tanks. Suggestions?

I've recently added 7 tank holders to my 22' center console, and they seem to work fairly well. I have 3 holders on the transom.

Forward of the console, I have 2 holders on the port gunnel and 2 holders opposite on the starboard side. (Previously, these locations housed vertical rod holders). I used the Roll-Control track for the 4 forward racks, but at the stern, I screwed those 3 holders directly to the transom.

Here are 2 mounted on the transom. Makes it difficult to open that hatch if I have tanks there, but I've yet to have that need while out on the water.
transomtankrack.jpg

And here are 2 mounted on the port side gunwale.
porttankrack.jpg

Back
Top Bottom