Scuba watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My watch is a Casio that I bought as a dive watch for $50. The battery went dead after four years. I took it to a jewelry repair place and had a new battery put in. As mentioned above they made it clear that they weren't responsible for any leaks. For $3 I had a working watch and figured if it died on the first dive I'd just have to buy another watch. The watch has lasted another 2 years so far. Might not be a bad idea to pick up a $30 Wal-Mart special to have as a backup.

I purchased the Timex Ironman HUMVEE edition for $69. It has a velcor band, is good to 200M and you could probably run over it with a truck and not scratch it. I use it as a back-up bottom timer (stopwatch funtion)for my suunto mosquito. I also set the timer function for 3 minute safety stops.

Timex Ironman "triathalon"

273 dives (every dive i have ever been on, plus pool time as a divemaster)

4 years old, same battery

deepest dive - 169 feet

cost - $45

still wearing it every day

can't beat that!

I am wearing a Casio G-Shock myself when i dove, got it from Wal-Mart for about $50 bucks, if I need a fancy watch, I would rather get a Suunto Mosquito as a back up, the price is about the same with other fancy dive watches at scubastore.com, the only thing i dislike about the mosquito is that the computer watch looks like a cheap $10 digital watch, i dove with a Cobra too. i also own a $3200 R Submariner, but hell no, I didn't spend that much money so I can use it as a dive watch. mainly just for looks and show offs.

for those of you wearing a Casio G-Shock while you dove, after you put on your wet suit with gloves, how did you guys manage to tighten up the band? The band itself seems a bit short.

cheers

Tommer

Hi, I am new here, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I just bought the Luminox dive watch. It is rated 200m, and is the watch that they supply to the navy seals, except mine is made for a woman. Here is the info off of the site at www.luminox.com:

The ultimate illumination system
Glows continuously for more than 25 years
Glows 100 times brighter than other luminous watches
Swiss illumination system is self-powered
No need to push button or expose to light to activate illumination system
Illumination guarunteed for 10 years
Entirely Swiss made with multi-jewel Swiss quartz watch movement
Water and Shock resistant

I bought mine on ebay for $119.00

:)

I picked up a timex on Ebay for 25$. It has the turn dial around the face and is easy to see, use a backup timer/stopwatch. Have not had it in the water that much and no depth. It has all the depth ratings and what not but can't vouch for the vailidity.

Tommy

have you tried it near a geiger counter yet?!

Does it go off like fireworks on the Fourth of July?

Are these hazardous to my health? ;-0 I like this watch!

Watches - Some old watches and clocks, even gyroscopes, have dials painted in radium to make them glow in the dark. Radium emits Alpha and Gamma rays. More recently, Tritium, a radioactive isotope of Hydrogen, has been used to paint the dials, but it is too weak to penetrate the watch lens.

:doctor: Is this the case for this watch?

Thanks for the input!

I went to K-Mart and got a $15 water resistant watch with a velcro band and huge numbers. Even if it only lasts me a few dives, it is only $15. I just strap it to my BC and go - it even has the Armitron version of Indiglo, for those dives with low vis :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom