Scubaboard banner!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSource encompasses more than just what's underwater. The birds are a tropical influence and although there is certainly scuba lifestyles in other parts of the world, it's the tropics that everyone thinks of when Scuba is mentioned. Macaws are instantly recognizable as a tropical bird. If they had chosen fish, which would they have used? Species from the Pacific? Caribbean? Red Sea? And how on earth would you decide on just two? I'd hate to choose just two of my Caribbean favorites, much less all the other considerations.

So there....that's my 2¢ I like the birds!

Sassy...we could swap bird stories for days! Why does my Rosie only eat toast on Mondays? And yes....they can learn to use a key in a padlock! Our store had an African Grey, Simon, that would have free run of the store. His best friend was a Scarlet Macaw, Magnum, who liked to take a bath in the fish pond we had for decoration so we had to keep his cage locked when we couldn't supervise him. The grey would get down and walk across the floor to the counter, climb up to the rack where the keys were hanging. He always chose the exact set (out of 4-5 hanging there) and would take them back to his buddies cage. He'd lay them on the floor and pick the right key, carry it up to the lock and insert it. Voila! Magnum was loose and on his way to the pool! Simon used to sit on our shoulders as we went about our chores and he learned by just watching us do it. African Greys are so smart it's scary. Mine will carry on a conversation with you, asking and answering questions!

You gotta love 'em...even without the gravy!

Parrots, Macaws, Yellow-Bellied Grossbeaks, whatever... In my book you've got two types of birds: birds. and edible birds. My cats and I seriously disagree on the classifications of the two categories....
I like Parrot better... I mean, how funny is " This Macaw is dead, you sold me a dead Macaw"

:lol:

Too bloody funny!

This is one reason why I love this board!

~SubMariner~

Originally posted by Dee
The birds are a tropical influence and although there is certainly scuba lifestyles in other parts of the world, it's the tropics that everyone thinks of when Scuba is mentioned.

Yea... no matter how you slice it Parracaws == Beach!

Maybe they should hold a contest for a new, scuba-related banner design!
As a prize, they could award a cool piece of diving gear to the person whos banner they choose to use. :wink:

How do ya like that idea?

Back
Top Bottom