ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pete, so sorry to hear! You might recall from Coz that I was deferring spine surgery until after the trip. Is your 2 to 5 cervical, thoraxic, or lumbar? I had partial laminectomies on C3 and C7, and laminoplasties on C4-6 (postop xray photo attached)

I felt better waking up in recovery after the surgery than I had in almost a year! Recovery went relatively smoothly, and with PT I was back to good form (and cleared for diving) in a few months! If you have any questions about it, PM me and I'll be happy to answer.

You've got this!

View attachment 787266
Mine are lumbar and no hardware will be involved. :D Less than a week!

Mine are lumbar and no hardware will be involved. :D Less than a week!
Good luck.
Colleen is still trying to find a new surgeon that she has confidence in, after the one she was satisfied with got too big and moved on.

Today was the day for me to double check small things (greasing orings, looking at ties, checking flashlights etc). I put on a 'CD' I haven't dusted off for some time and I've got to say, an hour later and I am totally feeling vacation mode starting to kick in. 7 days to go!
20230610_122026~2.jpg
20230610_100520~2.jpg

I've been looking at the photos of the resort I'm gonna be so pissed if the hammocks aren't on the porch and ready when I get there I think it is time for a little sun sea and some hammock time. Can't wait to get down there with you guys again.

Got this year‘s magnets yesterday; mine is already on my refrigerator, right next to the one from last year!

Only ordered 50 this year, since we had a bunch of extras last year with 100, and it was a larger group. So first come, first served!

I am SO jonesing for my vitamin sea! Now if only I can get all the work done that I need to do before leaving…

1686477430646.jpeg

1686477395599.jpeg

I've been looking at the photos of the resort I'm gonna be so pissed if the hammocks aren't on the porch and ready when I get there I think it is time for a little sun sea and some hammock time. Can't wait to get down there with you guys again.
We got a lot of use out of those hammocks when we were at AKR a couple years ago.

Got this year‘s magnets yesterday; mine is already on my refrigerator, right next to the one from last year!

Only ordered 50 this year, since we had a bunch of extras last year with 100, and it was a larger group. So first come, first served!

I am SO jonesing for my vitamin sea! Now if only I can get all the work done that I need to do before leaving…

I’d love one of this year’s and last year’s, too! Please bring a Cozumel one with you for me!!
😊

Ugh, there's nothing more relaxing than a relentlessly screaming baby on the red eye flight.
Try sitting one row ahead of some sort of religious sect family with 5 very sick ( vomiting) children, including 1 continually crying infant on a flight from Sydney to LA.
The only way a hammock might have relieved that was if I had used the ropes as a garotte.
That was a long flight. :(

Back
Top Bottom