ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swam with what had to be a 100 year old turtle off Turquoise Bay on a dive today. Head to toe was about half my body length. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the crew in a few days.

1686617326440.png

I'll be flying in on Thursday, in order to unwind from work and life for a couple days. I'll be staying at Cocolobo until our Invasion. I'll be spending most of the time in the pool or in a hammock, but may be up for meeting for dinner Thursday (pending my arrival) or Friday if anyone else is in the West End area. I've been working SO much so am very excited to get away!

I'll be flying in on Thursday, in order to unwind from work and life for a couple days. I'll be staying at Cocolobo until our Invasion. I'll be spending most of the time in the pool or in a hammock, but may be up for meeting for dinner Thursday (pending my arrival) or Friday if anyone else is in the West End area. I've been working SO much so am very excited to get away!
Terri & I along with Doctor Rig are sitting at the gate in Miami waiting to board our flight to Roatan so we'll be in West End Thursday evening. Check with me that afternoon once you get settled.

Tearing up a bit with this update…

Not looking like our daughter and son-in-law will be attending. After filling out the pre check/etc paperwork last night, their Husky got at her passport and damaged it to the point I don’t think it’ll be able to be used. No emergency appointments at any passport location in the whole country right now. We’re praying to catch a lucky break with calling just after a cancellation, but we know we’re joking ourselves. All too likely the five pack will just be a threesome come Saturday. :cry:

Attachments

• output_image1686657317640.jpeg
    output_image1686657317640.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 53
  • output_image1686657351943.jpeg
    output_image1686657351943.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 52
Can they see the picture and numbers ?
Try going to the airport and see if the chip is damaged.
Just thinking outloud.

How do I know if my passport is damaged?
According to the US government, a passport is considered damaged and may not be used if “The passport has been materially changed in physical appearance or composition, or contains a damaged, defective or otherwise nonfunctioning chip, or includes unauthorized changes, obliterations, entries or photographs, or has observable wear or tear that renders it unfit for use as a travel document, and the Department either takes possession of the passport or sends a written notice to the bearer.”

How Can I Check if My Passport Chip is Damaged? The only way to tell if your passport is damaged is when you go to the airport for a trip and have it scanned by a customs agent. They'll be able to tell you if your chip is damaged and malfunctioning.

Can they see the picture and numbers ?
Try going to the airport and see if the chip is damaged.
Just thinking outloud.

How do I know if my passport is damaged?
According to the US government, a passport is considered damaged and may not be used if “The passport has been materially changed in physical appearance or composition, or contains a damaged, defective or otherwise nonfunctioning chip, or includes unauthorized changes, obliterations, entries or photographs, or has observable wear or tear that renders it unfit for use as a travel document, and the Department either takes possession of the passport or sends a written notice to the bearer.”

How Can I Check if My Passport Chip is Damaged? The only way to tell if your passport is damaged is when you go to the airport for a trip and have it scanned by a customs agent. They'll be able to tell you if your chip is damaged and malfunctioning.
Thanks for the call Dennis. Only the cover is damaged - all interior pages incl. photo page are prestine and RFID chip still reads. She's getting it checked out (as well as husband's, whose damage is FAR less severe...just dents in cover) now and will report back. *crosses every appendege*

Update from PHL: Per the couple: counterperson gave them a 'why are you here' look when examining passports. Indicated that all the needed information was there. The manager who'll be working there on Friday wasn't there, but they were instructed to come back early morning on Friday when they can then be checked into the flight. At that point - while not guarenteed before Friday - should be good to go.

I'm staying at Turquoise Bay for a few days before Anthony's. I'm thinking about having the resort drop me off at the airport on Saturday and just hitch a ride to Anthony's with an inbound flight of folks. Can anyone give me a flight number that has multiple people arriving on Saturday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom