ScubaBoard TOS on Harassment and Cyberbullying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not "attack" you; I merely disagreed with your biased and inaccurate opinions! Just because we don't all bow down to the mighty funrecdiver you have no right to demand that we should be removed from Scubaboard. I find many of you rants and replies very arrogant and condescending. Maybe I should start hitting the 'Report' button!

So do you have multiple SB accounts?

Use the report button and action will be taken.

Not necessarily. I reported someone for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago for what I considered the most offensive post I've read in years. No-one even got back to me about the issue.

My recent experience has been that if you follow the TOS and report something, then some moderators will threaten to remove you from the forums for reporting!

Or, if there is a stalker on the board who does not contribute, goes on the attack when they don't like someone, and registers multiple IDs to keep attacking once banned; and you point out the TOS, then the mods treat "pointing out the TOS" like a capital crime, LOL.

The problem is not the customers who follow the TOS. The problem is the lack of moderation and replying on the "user reporting model".

Just assign moderators in the same time zone (to enforce the TOS) and problem solved! Don't beat up the customers!

Perhaps some people have forgotten, but the posters are the "customers" who write the content for forum (i.e. ScubaBoard) and it is the content that brings in ad revenue. If customers are pointing out stalking, sock puppets and other TOS violations, don't shoot the customers. Moderate the forums and be good to customers!

My recent experience has been that if you follow the TOS and report something, then some moderators will threaten to remove you from the forums for reporting!

Or, if there is a stalker on the board who does not contribute, goes on the attack when they don't like someone, and registers multiple IDs to keep attacking once banned; and you post out the TOS, then the mods treat "pointing out the TOS" like a capital crime, LOL.

The problem is not the customers who follow the TOS. The problem is the lack of moderation and replying on the "user reporting model".

Just assign moderators in the same time zone (to enforce the TOS) and problem solved! Don't beat up the customers!

Lets be factual. You reported a post then turned right around and immediately made an inflammatory statement to the poster you reported. You were told to cease and desist that and if you continued you will be removed from the thread, and if necessary the forum. I stand by that statement.

If you don't like our moderation model, no one is forcing you to participate here.

Not necessarily. I reported someone for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago for what I considered the most offensive post I've read in years. No-one even got back to me about the issue.

Yes, that happens quite often.

More troubling is the fact that when we, the customers of SB, the people generating content, point out the TOS violations, either privately or in the forums when the mods do not moderate, when we get "the hammer" and threats from moderators.

I was just told by PM from one mod that my "reporting" is causing "more trouble", LOL

Of course, since they are "mods" they can ban me just for offering a suggestion they disagree with.

Why not respect the customers who are following the TOS?

Also, make it clear in the SB TOS the following:

• Mentioning the TOS in a post can get you banned.
  • Being stalked and harassed and posting about it can get you banned.
  • Mentioning problems with the moderation can get you banned.

Lets be factual. You reported a post then turned right around and immediately made an inflammatory statement to the poster you reported. You were told to cease and desist that and if you continued you will be removed from the thread, and if necessary the forum. I stand by that statement.

If you don't like our moderation model, no one is forcing you to participate here.

No, that is not factual.

If you want to ban me for not agreeing with moderation, then do it. However, as I read the TOS, I have done nothing wrong, period.

... and yes, since SB obviously cannot manage Cyberstalkers and other TOS violations, I certainly don't plan on contributing content here much in the future.

I like participating in well managed forums where the TOS in enforced and the user-customers are not forced to be the forum police and do the work of the moderators!

The same moderators who are threatening to ban me for pointing out problems in the moderation model, LOL.

No, that is not factual.
You reported a post.
You responded with an inflammatory statement to the person you reported 8 minutes later.
You were told not to respond to those posters with inflammatory statements.
You were told that if you didn't quit responding with inflammatory statements you would be removed from the thread, and if necessary the forum.

Which one of those statements is not factual?

If you want to ban me for not agreeing with moderation, then do it. However, as I read the TOS, I have done nothing wrong, period.

You were told to quit making inflammatory statements and if you failed to do so you would be removed. The "not agreeing" part is that you want us to moderate to the standards you use on your board. Not gonna happen, we have our own standards and they work quite well. Either get on board with that, or accept that there may be consequences if you don't.

I believe the term is participant, not customer.
To be a customer some sort of financial transaction has to ensue and as far as I can tell SB costs nothing. They provide the platform and we participate. Just because they make some moolah off of the spectacle doesn't make us customers or even business partners. Damn....

I do not agree that pointing out the TOS is "inflammatory" (especially when the mods do not moderate)..... Also, I always follow the TOS on forums.

It is debatable that your moderation "standards" work quite well. If they did, you would not have so many cyberbullies, stalkers and sock puppets in the Thailand forum attacking posters and I would not posted this thread. :D

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom