Scubapro Frameless Opinions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FZJ80

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anybody used the Scubapro Frameless extensively? I had one for about a week until my dive buddy dropped it while doing a mock rescue. I had used it on just two dives up to that point. Up until that point it seemed to be a great mask, but I didn't get much experience with it. I am wondering if it is a mask I should be willing to shell out the money for twice. What is the overall opinion on this mask?

It fits my face and is super low profile. There are some clones that are cheaper.

love mine

Great mask and makes a great backup for a full face mask as it fits into a relatively small pocket.

I used to use one for about 3 years and approx 300 dives I liked it a lot until the skirt started to debond from the glass. I could not find an adhesive that would stick the two together again.

Even with a strong Scubapro bias, I'd advise considering one of the clones as you could get one for half the money and I have no doubt they are made by the same company.

I like mine so much that I just bought a second one as a back-up. They are not that expensive (under $50) at Leisure Pro.

Jackie

The Frameless is a nice mask (admittedly I have only tried it once) but I prefer my Oceanic Mini Shadow.

Great mask for under $50.00. Last I looked, the retail was over $100.00. I also have an Apollo frameless. It is usually hard for me to tell the difference.

Best mask I have ever used. I even have a brand new back up ready to go.

Thanks guys. You helped me justify spending $39.95 on my new Frameless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom