Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought I'd pass on a resource for those looking for an open-box deal on GO Sports and some GO Sport Gorillas. I almost bought their pair of Gorillas, but just before, I pulled the trigger on a killer deal on a pair of lightly-used SuperNovas.

Hope it is helpful to some of you.

How positive are the Go Sports/Gorillas? Would a spring strap be enough to bring them neutral and do the standard Scubapro spring straps fit?

How positive are the Go Sports/Gorillas? Would a spring strap be enough to bring them neutral and do the standard Scubapro spring straps fit?
You might prefer the Eddy Flipper. The Go Sport Gorillas are approximately neutral and would be negative with spring straps. And I do think spring straps could be adapted. Push the plastic pin that retains the bungee out and slide in the steel pin that retains the spring straps. Some have already replaced the plastic pin with a bolt. I have not found the need to thus far.

How are the Go Sports with frog kicking? They come in the same pink as my Seawings - which I’m starting to get used to but they aren’t the best for frogging.

How are the Go Sports with frog kicking? They come in the same pink as my Seawings - which I’m starting to get used to but they aren’t the best for frogging.
Let me help you out here. The standard Go-Sport frog kicks just fine. The Go-Sport Gorilla frog kicks even better. However, the Go-Sports are general purpose all around fins. If you are always frog kicking and always with doubles then you need a different fin. Leaving aside buoyancy considerations, you will want the Eddy Flipper. And just go frog kicking off into a frog kicking nirvana :wink:. About anyone else is going to be fine frog kicking, scissor kicking, flutter kicking, back kicking and whatever other kind of kicking there is with the Go-Sport.

Just got my new Gorilla Go-Sport fins.
Yes, did the same, $137 USD here, expensive compared to the the Go Sport I own.
I will dive them next week.

OK, The heel straps feel more secure, kicking they feel almost the same as the standard Go Sport, one dive is not enough as a comparison, [ I spell this word wrong so often, poor schooling], anyway, they are as expected, very good.
Orange, you stick out like a sore thumb, weight , Gorilla 750g each, standard 700g [blue], and my one black standard [lost one] is also 750g, why is that?

Can't dive for awhile, an operation is set sometime in the next week, find out in 2 days.

In general how does the foot pocket on the Go Sport compare to the RK3? I just picked up some RK3s (size L) and the foot pocket length is fine but its super wide so my foot has a lot of slop and room to move around that I don't care for. I wont have a chance to dive them, so have to make a decision at home. Are the go sports any narrower?

Attachments

• IMG_3283.JPG
    IMG_3283.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
In general how does the foot pocket on the Go Sport compare to the RK3?
I do not like the RK3 foot pocket, just not right for my dive boots.
SP Go Sport fit well.

In general how does the foot pocket on the Go Sport compare to the RK3? I just picked up some RK3s (size L) and the foot pocket length is fine but its super wide so my foot has a lot of slop and room to move around that I don't care for. I wont have a chance to dive them, so have to make a decision at home. Are the go sports any narrower?
The size is too big for you. Get a smaller size.

Judge fin pocket size by width. Depth of the foot pocket is secondary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom