scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see you wearing this BC and looking pretty instead of that Tanker-truck you are wearing :p

I have had a Hydros Pro since around 2017.

I don't wear it anymore. But I have it. Well, okay, my nephew has it right now.

I haven't worn any single tank rig except my Freedom Contour plate and VDH wings since I got the FC plate. It is The Ultimate!

Did you take out the right side dump valve cable with the plastic ball? Why?

8764F14A-E472-4B9B-80FC-04FD188AF09C.jpeg

Photoshop to help make things easier to see. Nice spot!

images.jpeg

Thanks for the tip. I decided to use a stainless ring which is bigger and cannot flip out of position. What a major difference! Pic below shows difference in size. This is a much bigger target for blind clipping.
Have just followed your example with my Hydros Pro and I'm looking forward to easier clip on/off and fewer dropped double enders. SP really should put full size rings on the shoulder straps as standard. Now trying to figure out where to use the little 1" d rings.

I changed mine today, big difference and an easy job to do, took about 20 minutes. I tried it out in the pool and it is a nice change as the rings are easy to find and being larger there is room for more than one attachment.

Thanks for the idea and how too!!

The only "issue" I encountered is that the diameter of the ring is slightly greater than that of the existing one and the strap is really close to manufacturer tolerance resulting in a really tight fit when you re-insert the pin. Not a big deal but it's noticeable when you do it.
good to know

Back
Top Bottom