scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the monoprene shoulder straps on the Hydros Pro break twice on me. The first time I had to send the BCD away to have new straps fitted. 7 dives after receiving the repaired BCD back... a shoulder strap has gone again. (This happened last week) I love diving with this BCD... but this fault is ridiculous. Apparently, they are suggesting that the BCD must never be picked up by the shoulder strap when fully rigged.
This is interesting to know...:hm:

I was,a Zeagle guy for quite a few years. After a demo dive with the Hydro I was sold. It fits like a glove and is soooo comfortable. Demo one to see if it is for you. Remember its the 2nd most important equipment purchase so don't skip on quality and price

I bought mine in November 2017 and have done 74 dives with it so far and the monprene in the shoulder straps look intact. Even if it does rip, I believe that it is the webbing that secures the shoulder strap.

The lift capacity is generous. I can sling a second tank of gas quite comfortably,
but I wished that the shoulder D-rings were larger.

I dive the hydros pro, and I have to agree with this. I don't know why Scubapro went with such tiny D-rings.

...I wish I could change them.

I am trying this, seems to be OK so far. The bigger target makes it easier to clip my reg and small things onto. I think anything heavier would still pull the ring to one side.

20180208_104914[1].jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I decided to use a stainless ring which is bigger and cannot flip out of position. What a major difference! Pic below shows difference in size. This is a much bigger target for blind clipping.

8764F14A-E472-4B9B-80FC-04FD188AF09C.jpeg
B102A2E4-1D8C-480E-AFED-640F7E5B909B.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom