Scubapro Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving my jets for a while and do love the propulsion. I even have a pair of jets that my dad used to dive so they last forever! Only issue I think is the weight when traveling to warm water destinations. To cut down on luggage weight I have a much lighter pair of fins.

will their weight be an issue for a new diver, (I don't dive dry) will they just weigh my legs down so I'm vertical.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dry or wet, it doesn't matter.

83648d1286976572-scubapro-jet-fins-2058109d.jpg

Attachments

• 2058109d.jpg
    2058109d.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 251
They are not heavy, they are heavier than tupperware fins, but they are still not heavy. I tried an experiment on a dive. I took off one XL Jet Fin on a dive. I then took off my boot and put it in the fin. When I let go of the fin/boot combination, it did not sink, it did not float, it stayed put. With regular dive boots, Jet Fins are very close to neutrally buoyant. They will not weigh you down.

What is the difference with a jet fin? Is the jet the holes through it?

Can someone breakdown the advantages of jet vs non jet, split vs whole? I want to buy a set of fins, but I don't know the differences.

"Jet fins" is just the name of that make of fins as far as im aware. The original ones where made by scuba pro and alot of outher companies have made rip-offs of them. They are quite different to alot of modern fins as they are heavy and very rigid.

Split fins are fins that have a split running up the middle of the blade. As for the advantages of split fins vs non split fins that's something which could be debated for ever it seems.

Why are you considering Jet fins?

Because it's a perfect fin that has withstood the test of time.

I have a pair of atomic aquatic split fins and I have the scubapro jets. I got the jets because I was told they're better in a current. I wear a medium in the splits and an x-large (don't know why) in the jets. The jets weigh one pound more per foot. I'll be testing out the new jets next weekend.

Just want to clarify: are you talking about the old school Jet Fins or the newer split Twin Jets? There is a big difference in the two (weight, performance, usage, size)

jscott099:
Just want to clarify: are you talking about the old school Jet Fins or the newer split Twin Jets? There is a big difference in the two (weight, performance, usage, size)

Twin Jets are Twin Jets, not Jet Fins. "Jet Fins" refer to Jet Fins or Lightning Jet Fins. "Jet Fins" never properly refer to any type of split fins.

Back
Top Bottom