Scubapro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and its a great rec BC. With 46 lbs or so of lift, it can handle twin 80's. I agree that the weight pockets are a tad small for anything over about 10 lbs a side, but here in Guam I only need 6 lbs total.

Its only got one pocket that is useful for anything other than a knive, and I wish it had the D rings that a black diamond has.

I wouldnt use it for heavy tech, but its a very comfortable, stable BC.

tiny bubbles

Ok - I'm going to go off on a tangent here - forgive me if I go astray.....

Regarding Lift, someone stated earlier the knighthawk has 46#. Isn't the whole idea to be neutrally bouyant...? Assuming your neutral at the surface at the beginning of your dive, the only delta's are:
Wetsuit Compression (decreases with depth)
Changes in Tank bouyancy due to air consumption (increases with consumption)

It would seem 46 lbs would be suffucuent for anything. If I'm wearing doubles or heavier tanks - I should be compensating by tanking weight off my belt. Am I missing something - help me understand the need for all this lift.... Thanks

Wow.....this is like amazing!!!

8 comments, and not 1 DIR/It Sucks Buy a BP/Wings reply yet!!!!

Is the world coming to an end?!

:wacko:

Yes, I am just messing with you BP/Wings fans....I am a loooong time lurker here, but I post rarely if ever, just thought you all could use some humor for this ugly monday pre 4th morning!

=-)

Brules

PS - I just bought a Zeagle RANGER....naaah naaah....and I love it! (that was for the DIR/BP ppl hehe)

:eek:

netmage once bubbled...

It would seem 46 lbs would be sufficient for anything. If I'm wearing doubles or heavier tanks - I should be compensating by tanking weight off my belt. Am I missing something - help me understand the need for all this lift.... Thanks

I was probably a little harsh in saying with 46 pounds it was a little light on lift. The second BC I owned, a Scubapro Double Black Jacket style BC had 45 lbs lift and it was adequate for cold water diving but just barely so in some circumstances.

In recreational diving the place where the lift becomes important is at the surface. With the amount of weight required to sink a diver in a heavy 7mm wet suit and all the accessories you need a lot of lift to get a tired and possibly new diver comfortably above water particularly when there are waves slapping them in the face. Being in the water with just your head above water is not real fun and sometimes the extra lift is nice to have.

I personally would not go any lighter than 45 lbs of lift so the nighthawk is at the bottme end of the envelope.

I have found the Knighthawk to be a superior recreational BC.
I wouldn't consider using it for Technical Diving but find the fit and quality to be exceptional.
I to am amazed that the BP/Wing lobby hasn't shown up.
Dive Safe,
Larry

Hey, I've been divin for quite some time and I just recently got my rescue diver cert in St. Thomas, but what exactly is tech divin?

Brules once bubbled...
Wow.....this is like amazing!!!

8 comments, and not 1 DIR/It Sucks Buy a BP/Wings reply yet!!!!

Is the world coming to an end?!

Not Yet.....Yes it sucks...buy a BP and Wing

PS - I just bought a Zeagle RANGER....naaah naaah....and I love it! (that was for the DIR/BP ppl hehe)

:eek:
Yea, it figures

:)

Pfffft....all you BP/Wings zealots suck. :wacko:

I can understand advocating a certain piece of equipment, but you all take it to another level of fanaticism. Your attitude of looking down your noses at the rest of us for not subscribing to your BP/WIng religion turns ALOT of ppl away from it, and makes alot more resent you all for the way you beat it over everyones heads post...after post....after post.

For those of us who dive recreationaly, aren't techies, won't ever cave dive, and could really give a flip about the self proclaimed 10 comandments of the exclusive *DIR* crowd, allow us to ENJOY casual, recreational scuba diving OUR WAY. Even if it means using a BC that you deem to be beneath your tech God level of near nirvana perfection.

You BP/Wings people have poluted this particular forum (BCD's) so much, that when I browse posts in here, I immediately SKIP ANY post containing the words BP/Wing. I have heard it all before, and again....and again, and again. 1,000,000 times is enough.

I come here to read up on what ppl think about different BC's and gather information for myself and others. Not to hear that everything but a BP/WIngs sucks....over and over and over.

Now I am sure I will get my keister flamed, broiled and broasted :boom: over posting this, but I am sure that many others feel the same way. I just wish I could come here and read a post of someone asking about a BC and not have to see the eventual "It sucks, buy a BP/WIngs" that seems to be as certain as the sun rising in the east and seting in the west.

To Kemo, sorry for Hijacking your post. ;-0

Sounds like alot of people really like the Knighthawk. Scubapro makes really great stuff, and I am sure the same goes for their BC's. Their Classic is one of the all time greatest jacket BC's ever made. So if it feels good to you, go with it, and let us know how you like it. I was seriously considering a Knighthawk, but I liked the fit and feel of the Ranger better.

Brules

Brules once whined...

Try Re-Reading the parts I quoted and my response with a sense of humour next time.

Brules whined some more...

<snip rant>Sounds like alot of people really like the Knighthawk. Scubapro makes really great stuff, and I am sure the same goes for their BC's. Their Classic is one of the all time greatest jacket BC's ever made. So if it feels good to you, go with it, and let us know how you like it. I was seriously considering a Knighthawk, but I liked the fit and feel of the Ranger better.

Brules
I'm very happy for you.

Brules once bubbled...

I can understand advocating a certain piece of equipment, but you all take it to another level of fanaticism. Your attitude of looking down your noses at the rest of us for not subscribing to your BP/WIng religion turns ALOT of ppl away from it, and makes alot more resent you all for the way you beat it over everyones heads post...after post....after post.

For those of us who dive recreationaly, aren't techies, won't ever cave dive, and could really give a flip about the self proclaimed 10 comandments of the exclusive *DIR* crowd, allow us to ENJOY casual, recreational scuba diving OUR WAY. Even if it means using a BC that you deem to be beneath your tech God level of near nirvana perfection.

You BP/Wings people have poluted this particular forum (BCD's) so much, that when I browse posts in here, I immediately SKIP ANY post containing the words BP/Wing. I have heard it all before, and again....and again, and again. 1,000,000 times is enough.

I come here to read up on what ppl think about different BC's and gather information for myself and others. Not to hear that everything but a BP/WIngs sucks....over and over and over.

Now I am sure I will get my keister flamed, broiled and broasted :boom: over posting this, but I am sure that many others feel the same way. I just wish I could come here and read a post of someone asking about a BC and not have to see the eventual "It sucks, buy a BP/WIngs" that seems to be as certain as the sun rising in the east and seting in the west.

To Kemo, sorry for Hijacking your post. ;-0

Sounds like alot of people really like the Knighthawk. Scubapro makes really great stuff, and I am sure the same goes for their BC's. Their Classic is one of the all time greatest jacket BC's ever made. So if it feels good to you, go with it, and let us know how you like it. I was seriously considering a Knighthawk, but I liked the fit and feel of the Ranger better.

Brules

Some people just dont have a clue or a SENSE OF HUMOR. You took this one hook, line and sinker :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom