ScubaPro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Knighthawk (it was a Christmas present from my wife). The two things that really come across from owning one is a) how tough it is and b) how comfortable it is. It isn't the lightest or most compact BC in the world, which is a minor pain when it comes to flying anywhere with it. For local use or taking it on the road, however, the Knighthawk is a real gem. It's just a real ox of a BC.

I replaced every piece of gear in my kit, excepting my mask, inside the same calender year. I sincerely believe I'll still have that Knighthawk long after everything else has broken down or fallen apart.

P.S.

DMEPat - maybe the reason the Knighthawk kept pitching you face-first into the water is because the trim pockets weren't weighted down? There are a pair of trim pockets in the back, and you can get 1 or 2 kg into each. I had a similar problem (not as bad, but similar) when I only had 2 kg in the back, and upping it to 4 kg solved it. It's the sort of thing that is almost always overlooked with rental gear... you simply don't know these things are there, and the dive masters have no incentive to tell you.

I've been diving the knighthawk since the original weight integrated model came out. It is a very good BCD.
Diving about 5 days a week year round I wouldn't use anything that wasn't rugged and comfortable. I've tried other BCDs and even own a few but alway seem to pack the knighthawk in my bag.
I wish it had a couple more D rings but don't find the drop down pocket an issue.

To prevent doing a face plant at the surface you can also try readjusting where the tank sits in the sling. I can float for hours at the surface with no issues and no trim weights either. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom