scubapro mk17/ a700 vs mk 17/g250 vs mk25/g250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to know what the real advantage of the MK25 is. Work of breathing is more a factor of the second stage, so other than ScubaPro's ridicules claims of flow rates what are the advantaged of the MK25 over the MK17?

The real advantage is probably it's cheaper to make the MK25.

I would suspect that is the case. Less expensive to make, than charge more for it.

I don't know why you think the MK25 would be any cheaper to make. If anything, I would think it might be a little more costly. The only two advantages I can think of are hose routing and (this is sort of an educated guess) possibly the MK25 can go longer between servicing. The current MK25 composite piston and seat have a truly impressive lock up, and it seems to last forever without any creep. I've seen them with 200-300 dives and still perfect IP stability. I don't know if the MK17 lasts as long between servicing.

Thanks a lot for your thought and comments.
It s gonna be the G250V, that's decided and most likely the Mk17 as first stage.

I am not a technican, but it should be possible to use my old Sherwood SPG and octopus so i do not have to buy a whole set, or are they not compatible with Scubapro?
Thanks again !

christoph1,
Your older components should work fine (I don't recall Sherwood ever using any odd-ball LP sizes...and the HP will be standard). If those components are truly "old," I would have the shop you purchased the Atomic from to do the assembly so they can check o-rings/hoses/etc on your old components for wear. There's nothing more frustrating than a "first dive with your new reg" being blown by an issue with an older piece of gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom