Scubapro Mk2+ first, Oxygen compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
A guy who dives with us, says that mk2 in spite to being a very good deco reg (100% 02), the parts SP uses to assembled it, are not the best ultra fire resistant materials...considering the amount of these regs being used for O2..do you know fire-related cases involving this model?... frankly, i have not heard cases about it...

No, but they're not sold as O2 ready regs. If I were to use one for anything over 40% I'd have it O2 cleaned & prepped for the purpose.

SP is using only three O-rings (EPDM) except the port o-rings on MK2 plus line. One is on Yoke or DIN kit, the other are on both the body and cap. It is a darn simple reg ever. If you do O2 clean regularly, there is no issue at all.

hoosier:
SP is using only three O-rings (EPDM) except the port o-rings on MK2 plus line. One is on Yoke or DIN kit, the other are on both the body and cap. It is a darn simple reg ever. If you do O2 clean regularly, there is no issue at all.

And the valve seat is teflon which is O2 compatible.

What more do you want?

jjs:
And the valve seat is teflon which is O2 compatible.

LOL~~~ YOu are right. It looks like we addressed all service kit on MK2 plus... :wink:

One advantage of the Mk 2 (or any "flow by" piston design) is that there are no high pressure areas in the regulator past the High pressure seat, so the vast majority of the gas in the reg will be at no more than 140 psi over ambient pressure. This makes it much safer than a balanced design with regard to O2 use as it means that the dynamic o-rings (only 2 of them) are exposed to no more than 140 psi over ambient pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom