Scubapro S600/G250 Bubble deflector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scubafrog,

I do not have a X650 to try it out but I am pretty sure that it will not fit. It is not listed as a model which the deflector is designed for.

Would LOVE to find one for the G250!

drbill,

I tried to fit the bubble deflector to a G250 ( I have not had the chance to try it on a G250HP)

The deflector fits the exhaust outlet of the G250 but because the adjustment knob is positioned closer to the 2nd.stage case it will not articulate to a tight fit because there is then an obstruction of about 3mm. It may be possible to shave off that 3mm to persuade it to fit as that part which is obstructing measures 9mm at the narrowest point. Doing so may of course weaken the structural strength but if someone is handy or has the tools to grind down the obstruction I feel it may be possible to 'persuade' it to fit. This will also have to be done on the other end - at the hose connection.

If you really feel it will help, it might be worth a try ! I have sent a piece to Wristshot whom I believe is a mechanical engineer; maybe he can run a finite element analysis on the possibilty of shaving off 3mm !!!!!

The deflector fit the smaller case R380 without problems.

Thanks, tzeyap.

I wonder why it is that a number of products sold by ScubaPro in other markets do not make it into the US? Or for that matter why great products (IMHO) like the X-Tek and S-Tek are discontinued?

See post by DB in this thread. There is a link to pics.

Tze,

Thanks again! I picked up my extender at the Post Office yesterday. They tried to deliver the day before, but no one was home. I haven't had time to check the installation, but I hope to this next week.

*thumbs up*

Wristshot

I reallocated the deflectors which had been reserved for Bella as I did not receive her reply to my messages. It turns out that Bella has been on a dive trip to the Solomons !! Lucky so and so !!!!

Anyway I feel obliged to get her the deflectors as she was one of those who got me going on this in the first place. In addition there are other SB members who have PM'ed me on this.

So, I am doing another lot and current count is 5. If there is anyone who wishes to come in on this please PM me.

Those who have received their deflectors which I sent out before X'mas please let me know

Tze. Thanks... I got mine. It looks great. Now what! I need to check it out....

Here are some pictures

DSCN2207.JPG

Here
There
No where

SP_Bubble_Deflector_Installation.jpg

Gah! that thing is ugly! haha...oh well, there goes my underwater modeling career.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom