Scubapro S600/G250 Bubble deflector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Bella_:
Gah! that thing is ugly! haha...oh well, there goes my underwater modeling career.

Wow~~~ you are being CONCERNED about the cosmetic side in the scuba.... LOL~~~~:D

Nothing is also fancy to me, but I don't care as long as it works...

Hey there tzeyap!

I always did like Star Wars! I would be intersted in the bubble deflector if you have any more left.......i've got a 600 and 550 i am thinking of installing them on.Thanks!

I've been using one each on my G500 and S600 for over a year and a half now hoosier, and I think they're great.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=60354

Post an UW picture of you in action exhaling when you get a chance too hoosier . . . let's see that standard Euro panache (hmm - does "ugly" from Europe mean "ultra-modern, futuristic" in the US, reversing the translation in this thread?).

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=122066&page=2

It's a shame these bubble deflectors are now discontinued evidently - I was thinking of getting another 1 or 2 and experimenting with a Dremel tool and my wife's talents for patience and skill to modify one to fit a D400 / D350 / D300. I figured I'd need two - one to experiement with, and one to implement the (optimal i.e. correct) result of the experiment. The first piece would have a bit of a Frankenstein look at the end of the experiment I fear.

I can't believe Scubapro kept that crummy design octopus keeper in their offerings instead of discontinuing that item in favor of the bubble deflector. Probably sold more of the octopus keeper since they offered it in more markets, and some executive or committee chose not to weigh in the limited number of markets Scubapro offered the bubble deflector in when they reviewed sales figures and decided to evidently drop it.

Maybe TUSA will pick it up and offer it instead now . . . we can only hope!

WarmWaterDiver:
I've been using one each on my G500 and S600 for over a year and a half now hoosier, and I think they're great.

Post an UW picture of you in action exhaling when you get a chance too hoosier . . . let's see that standard Euro panache (hmm - does "ugly" from Europe mean "ultra-modern, futuristic" in the US, reversing the translation in this thread?).

It's a shame these bubble deflectors are now discontinued evidently - I was thinking of getting another 1 or 2 and experimenting with a Dremel tool and my wife's talents for patience and skill to modify one to fit a D400 / D350 / D300. I figured I'd need two - one to experiement with, and one to implement the (optimal i.e. correct) result of the experiment. The first piece would have a bit of a Frankenstein look at the end of the experiment I fear.

I can't believe Scubapro kept that crummy design octopus keeper in their offerings instead of discontinuing that item in favor of the bubble deflector. Probably sold more of the octopus keeper since they offered it in more markets, and some executive or committee chose not to weigh in the limited number of markets Scubapro offered the bubble deflector in when they reviewed sales figures and decided to evidently drop it.

Warmwaterdiver,

To adapt the deflector to fit D' series 2nd stage may be possible if somehow we can fit a soft rubber cone to fit the exhaust outlet on one end and the deflector on the other end. after that they can be held together with some rubber band. The problem with the D' deries is the soft rubber case if the purge has to be activated. I have been thinking about this.

There seems to be quite a number of members who are interested in this. If you work on the D' series. I think I am prepared to work on the modification for the G250. I believe I can do it with a dremel ( which i do not have !!) or a fine file to file down the obstruction . Shaving off 3mm out of 9mm should not weaken the part too badly.

Those who think we should proceed please post here so that we can have an idea on whether it is worth the effort.

I believe Scubapro has not developed and continued supply of this item is because of the cost of producing a mold for different case designs and the small productions runs to extrude the parts make them very costly.

WarmWaterDiver:

Warmwaterdiver,

To adapt the deflector to fit D' series 2nd stage may be possible if somehow we can fit a soft rubber cone to fit the exhaust outlet on one end and the deflector on the other end. after that they can be held together with some rubber band. The problem with the D' deries is the soft rubber case if the purge has to be activated. I have been thinking about this.

There seems to be quite a number of members who are interested in this. If you work on the D' series. I think I am prepared to work on the modification for the G250. I believe I can do it with a dremel ( which i do not have !!) or a fine file to file down the obstruction . Shaving off 3mm out of 9mm should not weaken the part too badly.

Those who think we should proceed please post here so that we can have an idea on whether it is worth the effort.

I believe Scubapro has not developed and continued supply of this item is because of the cost of producing a mold for different case designs and the small productions runs to extrude the parts make them very costly.

Thanks tzeyap. I would need to buy two more assemblies before proceeding with trying this for the D series. I like your idea of having others post their interest for potentially sharing our (hopeful) successes and lessons learned if / when we proceed. For the D series, obviously the section that fits over the adjustment knob on the G500 / S600 will have to be cut off. I was hoping I could trim a bit from both pieces and still obtain a friction fit with rubber band retainer as you mention, but I hadn't really considered purge interference issues - thanks for the heads-up. I may look at adapting a "butchered" exhaust piece designed for a "Balanced Adjustable" cut into two pieces instead for the D series second stages.

I still am, and I Do have a dremel, and am good at adjusting/adapting/modifing things ... I think I want to give it a try ... although, those pic's give me pause , I can just see the stares/hear the questions , lol

DB

Warmwaterdiver,

For the D' series , perhaps if we could somehow attache the cut-off deflectors to a rubber sleeve and the slip the entire assembly over the whole rubber case of the reg. it will solve the purge problem. Kinda like a condom (hee!hee!) for the lower rubber case !! what do you think ? May be a stupid idea ???!!!??? Perhaps a old section of a bicycle inner tube with a cut out hole at the top and the ends tied down to the end of the deflector.

DB,
Why don't I send you a set of the deflectors since you have the dremel. If you demolish the deflector in the process of trying, I will share the cost with you. I still think it is possible to file down the obstruction with a set of fine files.

Here is the picture on G250HP. The both deflector wings completely can't slide up to the center as you see below. So, you can't hook the ScubaPro logo bridge between the wings.

DSCN2222.JPG

This picture shows how much gap there is, about 1/3 inch.

DSCN2226.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom