Scubapro S600/G250 Bubble deflector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier,

Great pictures !!! However the obstruction is not at the lower part or the exhaust outlet. The actual obstruction is topside where the deflector meets the curved body of the case. If you could post photos of the top, that will be a great help to us in our discussion on how to modify. I do not have a G250HP and only managed to borrow a G250 which I have returned .

The exhaust outlet of the G250 is the same size as that of S600 and therefore if we can shave down that bit at the top which causes the obstruction, I believe the deflector will slide in completely.

tzeyap,

I applaud your ingenuity in an idea for a flexible shroud. For folks that think the assembly is ugly now for the models it's designed for would be in for a real new yardstick in ugly for the D series if modified this way!!!

I would be more concerned with "stuff" getting trapped between the shroud and the real second stage case. Nice thought, but I think maybe we can do something better. I am still not absolutely convinced we can do better though so let's hold your though on standby.

One problem is today was back to work for me after New Year holiday and I'm not as great as others about "measure twice, cut once" - which is why I'd want to flesh out the concept, then let my wife tackle the actual job with the Dremel at my house. She would expose the things not thought of that would become apparent to the actual person doing the cutting.

Today was back to work for her too. And she still likes her Sherwood Maximus and so would enjoy poking fun at me trying to obtain a similar exhaust system through extreme modification for my D series Scubapro second stages.

So, if you have a few more deflector assemblies to spare, let me know, but I don't want to deplete the remaining stock in favor of someone who would like one for a second stage it was designed to fit.

And, I'm not worried about making the piece with the Scubapro name on it fit into the D series. I came to the conclusion that piece was more cosmetic than functional on my S600 and G500 and I just use the combination of friction fit and elastic cord. This maybe reduces redundancy but perhaps balances by eliminating points of failure as with the piece gone, you don't have to worry about it failing.:D

You have really made me think though on the challenges that things won't quite be in the same planes on the D series as on the regs it's designed for, and lack of a rigid case on the D series versus the models it's designed for. I'm going to seriously look at seeing if a butchered whisker for an older metal second stage might be a better candidate for the D series - it would simplify availability of parts a lot if this can be done!!!

I have received the new lot of Bubble deflectors and am ready to ship out to all those who have confirmed their interest. I have PM'd all in my list. If you have not received my message, please contact me.

As I had to order in lot , I have some extra pieces available. If anyone who is interested, please PM me

OK, an update on fitting this to a G250HP
Thanks Tze :D

I used an "Exacto" knife (hobby razor knife with scalpel like blade) to carefully trim away material from the deflectors where it was keeping them from fitting around the air adj. knob and the air hose fitting.
I just cut a tiny bit at a time, checking, and rechecking after each time, using a bright light to see just where it needed more trimming (some places are not so obvious, just keep checking fit, you'll get it)
Chamfered the cut edges around the air adj. knob for more clearance, knob turns freely with no interference
Take your time, check the fit often, should work, I even have the clip in too (compare this pic with previous one in this thread)

Pics so you can see how much trimming is needed ...

SB CLIP \/
G250HP-BubbleDeflectorClip.jpg

ADJUST. KNOB SIDE \/
G250HP-BubbleDeflectorAdjSide.jpg

G250HP-BubbleDeflectorHosecutout.jpg

HOSE FITTING SIDE \/
G250HP-BubbleDeflectorHoseSide.jpg

G250HP-BubbleDeflectorAdjcutout.jpg

BOTH - TOP - SHOWING TRIMMED AMOUNT \/
G250HP-BubbleDeflectortrimming2.jpg

BOTH - FRONT \/
G250HP-BubbleDeflectortrimming1.jpg

I still have a few more of these deflectors from the last lot. I have some enquiries from people from digitaldivers so if any SB members out there wants one please pm me quick before I move them out.

DB , great photos. Glad you managed to make the modification successfully.

Just a quick report to an older thread: I picked up a couple bubble deflectors from Tze. Works great with my S600, based on one dive a couple nights ago. I love it! I have a second one for when I'm ready to give doubles a try. :)

He has a few left, if anyone wants them.

I don't have any more of these and my supplier seems to think that they are put of production. I have asked him to look out for old stock if he can get his hands on them. I have received several PM's from people looking for this item. If I manage to get some more, I will post on this thread.

I also got mine fro tzeyap though. You might be able to get it from eBay.

D B. Good job... :)

Hey Compudude, you wouldn't want to depart with one of your EXTRA bubble deflector. Please contact me if your interested in selling off one of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom