scubapro vs pinnacle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a pinnacle 5mm merino elastiprene and tried it out in the pool tonight. I bought it for a trip i have planned in two weeks. It was extremely comfortable. i have owned a number of suits before this one. Mostly i have used the henderson hyperstretch suits, the elastiprene suit is not as stretchy as the hyperstretch but the newer elastiprene seems as stretchy as about the hendersone thermoprene. The merino lining does make it easier to get into and out of compared to some suits. I cant wait to actually get this in the open water.

Hi there, I also find myself in a bit of a Pinnacle / Scuba Pro decision. I am deciding between the new 2015 Scuba Pro model Everflex 3/2mm with Heliospan on the chest & shoulder/knee reinforcements or the Pinnacle Temo XT Merino wool lining. The trouble is I would have to choose & order online and would not have the luxury to be able to try either on before I buy. The Pinnacle sounds excellent but there was a comment about it being a bit of a "odd kind of fit" and a "IF Merino fits you well, it's a excellent suit" a lot of money to pay for an IF!!. However, I do own a Pinnacle Cruiser 5mm which fits me great, Is the Temo XT the same sort of cut?? Also I did managed to try on the Scubapro but in a +1 bigger size. The cut seemed fine just a tag big. But which is the better suit the Scuba Pro or the Pinnacle Merino Temo XT? And why? Thx

I own an everflex 3/2 and a Pinnacle merino XT 5 MM and the Pinnacle is hands down more durable, the other advantage you have with the Pinnicle is the addition sizes and thus a better chance of getting a perfect fit. I would say the Pinnacle 5MM with the merino is almost as warm as a traditional 7mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom