Scubapro X650 recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not all of the 650s are being recalled. The ones with a small bump next to the flow adjustment are the ones being recalled (check SP website for a better description). I just had mine replaced. They sent a prepaid return box to pick up my 1st and 2nd stage. They gave me a completely new 650 with a new serial number and inspected the 1st stage. It was gone about ten days and they say you still need to do your annual on it.:( Good luck.

PARADISE HUNTER:
Not all of the 650s are being recalled. The ones with a small bump next to the flow adjustment are the ones being recalled (check SP website for a better description).
Hmmm. . . Did you read the thread?

Not all 2nd stage is in effective on the recall program, only the stage has been sold between June 2005 and May 2006.
Name of Product: Scubapro® X650 Second Stage Regulator
Units: About 670
Manufacturer: Scubapro® with global headquarters located in El Cajon, Calif.
Hazard: A manufacturing error could cause the main housing of some regulators to change shape over time, which could cause the cover and diaphragm to become dislodged. If this occurs, air flow will be interrupted and the regulators will no longer function, posing a drowning hazard to users.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
Description and Models: The recall involves some X650 second stage regulators. All X650 second stage regulators are clearly marked with a blue capital “X” next to the numbers “650” in white. Affected regulators have a visible bump located on the right side of the unit between the letter “C” and where the mouthpiece attaches to the regulator body.
670 units is pretty small for a recall and it's obviously a materials or production issue affecting a small percentage of X650's rather than a design fault. That's good news.
I think the mark on the mouthpiece is key and indicates a problem with a particular mold or production run rather than meaning that from June 2005 through May 2006 only about 670 were produced and sold.
(in a few batches)
the manufacturer altered the mix (or what ever the technical term is - I beleive regrind was the term used) for the batch. The manufacturer initially did not notify SP about the change but were at least smart enough to add the dimple to identify the batch that was changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom