Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I am the OP and people are listing their ScubaPro setups I just want to say mine.

MK25/S600 I love this setup light and works great.

Glide Plus Very easy to wear underwater in my opinion. You can roll do flips without a problem if you want.

Aladin Prime Simple and straight forward. You look at it and it has everything you want.

Thanks for just taking the time to look at my post. Keep posting though I want to hear your Scubapro stories.

Bought a Tec2 three years ago and changed the battery each year. This year it showed an error code. Sent it back to Scuba Pro and they sent me a brand new one no questioned asked.

Did you just call scubapro or did you go through your LDS?

Mine is doing the same thing new battery about every trip now it lasts 15 min!

Since I am the OP and people are listing their ScubaPro setups I just want to say mine.

MK25/S600 I love this setup light and works great.

Glide Plus Very easy to wear underwater in my opinion. You can roll do flips without a problem if you want.

Aladin Prime Simple and straight forward. You look at it and it has everything you want.

Thanks for just taking the time to look at my post. Keep posting though I want to hear your Scubapro stories.

Hey TomBomb:

First let me apologize for an above post of mine when I cyber-snapped about some silly DIR comment. I am a GUE diver that subscribes to DIR (old school label) practices but I use and own nothing but Apeks regulators. I dunno if that means I'm gonna die or if my instructor thought I was an unsafe diver, but I have been lucky so far...:)

As far as my ScubaPro story:

I had an old Uwatec Aladin Nitrox Pro and the battery died. I was not the original owner and it was made in 1993 (and the timeframe was 2007), so warranty was out for me. I think it would have been out anyway but I called around to a couple of LDS's and compared prices. I then called ScubaPro and asked what they would charge to replace the battery and if that was even an option. ScubaPro gave me a decent price (55 USD) but they said to go through a[n] LDS to send it off. So when I called around, some of the prices quoted to have them ship it off, were nearly doubled from what SP quoted me. I did find a shop that charged exactly what SP said, and from there it took less than three weeks to get it back.

The moral to the story, call ScubaPro to see if you're covered under warranty, how much it should cost if it can and needs to be repaired without a warranty, and then call around until you get a shop that can do it for the same price as SP. This was one of the few SP things that I have owned and the customer service experience was good for me. I did end up selling the computer afterwards and it fetched a fair price too.

As far as my other ScubaPro products, I own Jet Fins of course and an Uwatec bottom timer. No complaints with either items (well the BT could have a backlight and user replaceable battery) and while I am not a hardcore SP fan just because, I would recommend these two items to any diver, new through seasoned, without reservation. Minor tweaks, get a DSS instrument boot for the BT and some spring straps for the fins, and you will have two maintenance free and bulletproof items.

I hope this helps and good luck.

With kind regards,
Thomas

Glad they're doing something right for someone, because they've done nothing for us but put us through BS.

We have an UWATEC dive PC that has been back & forth to them for over 6 months with no resolution. AAMOF they STILL have it right now.

Can't say I'd recommend them for their dive PC service based on this...

I'm a ScubaPro fan, but their UWATEC is nothing short of a joke. I hate mine. The only reason I haven't replaced it yet is that the money tree in my back yard refuses to grow. Seriously, it sounds like an Ipod underwater and I have it adjusted to be the least sensitive. I have been hovering perfectly still, with great breath control, and had the damn thing give me a workload warning. I like their regs and wetsuits but this is the last computer I buy from them.

You know you can disable most warnings, right?

Tom

They use a weird hose end that requires a special splined tool... standard hoses fit on the regs just fine, but to get the Scubapro hoses on and off you need to have this silly special tool ($12 from Scubatools.com) or risk tearing up the hose.

The special tool can be gotten at any auto, discount or hardware store. Channel lock pliers. I am a Scubapro tech and I have to use them occasionally. You just have to be careful and not grip too tightly or loosely

I own a UWATEC SmartCom and have been really pleased with it. I disabled the Workload warning right away but kept the others. The only bleeping I get regularly now is at half tank or when I get close to No-Stop or Bottom Time limits. (I never go close to max Depth, but of course have that alarm set to be safe). Battery life is great, but you have to be careful to dry the thing off before you put it in its bag (and keep the bag dry) because otherwise the water on the contacts can keep it active and run down the battery.

I left my SmartCom in the bag and it got wet, batteries dead and its the shop tell september........dive season is done! My fault though, man i miss the computer!

dive season is done!

This is why I love Florida so much. Dive season runs from early January through late December!

This is why I love Florida so much. Dive season runs from early January through late December!

It does in the Pacific NW too, just not everyone is motivated enough for the winter months.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom