ScubaProf.com spam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This one I forwarded to Pete right away, but I get dozens of spam mail a day.

About the only spam I get is via my Supporting membership email acct here. I can't turn it off as I've lost the password. I have sent messages to reset the password for me or just delete it, but I know that Pete has too much else going on.

seems like nearly everybody on my site got a mail along the same lines. whats wrong with people? do they really think thats a "concept" that works in the long run, beside the fact it is basically identical with my old messageboard and shows in fact a bunch of the original posts from there??????

just a post of one of the members on my site:

...Now I have to admit I was a little bit disturbed! First I thought, oh the guys from *********** started under a new name over - even if that makes no sense at all considering that the old name rings a bell with people this days.

So to make it short, i went to the site and first of all i was a bit more disturbed. Considering a (dive) professional website one has to wonder about the topbanner on it showing a guy in (freediving?) outfit with his mask in the most unprofessional manner where? - right, you guessed it, on his forehead!!! Now that is a elementary nono for several reasons in scuba diving I thought. One would be that it easy to loose in this position the more relevant is that it is commonly considered as a sign of distress!
So what does the designer trying to tell us - that the site is in distress from start up????

Anyway, I started to look into it a bit. next amazement, i find copied articles from the old *********** messageboard. Why would you have to do that as the first and leader in professional divers online communication one would have to ask himself....

nuff said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom