SD Card Flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkirving

New
Reaction score
I had been living in Phuket, Thailand for three months when my dear brother came to visit. He accidentally walked into the ocean with my NOT water proof camera in his pocket! The camera was old but the photos were priceless. I didn't have a computer so went to a computer lab to see if the SD card still worked. Long story short - it did! For about one week but I was never able to get them off the SD card and when i returned to the US no computer or any camera would read or even recognize my SD card anymore. I was devastated... So I researched how to repair salt water damage to SD cards and tried everything.

Eventually I ended up mailing my SD card to a recovery company called Recoverfab based in Germany. They were absolutely awesome! The envelope was mailed from Alaska and I got an email 5 days later that they had received it and processed my order. Another week later I got an email saying they recovered all my photos and videos! I was so grateful and the company was very professional and super fast. I'd recommend using them if you have any sort of electronic storage damage!

fix repair CF SD SDHC memory card/flash drive-format error software

Best of luck!

Great! I put mine in a bag of rice for a couple of days... that helped me :) If the photos are really precious then a data recovery lab is the only answer - but make sure they only charge you if they recover the data... Can be very expensive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom