SDUA Out of Business??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelSimone

Contributor
Reaction score
Is San Diego Underwater Adventures out of business?

I just moved to San Diego and wanted to get acquainted with a nearby LDS. After reading recommendations here on SB, I decided to check out SDUA. I looked at their website, checked their location and drove by today. After driving around the parking lot for a few minutes and not finding the shop, I pulled over and gave them a call. Someone answered with a name that was NOT SDUA. I asked if I was calling the right number, and they confirmed that I was. They also said that they closed down this past Friday, but gave no other information.

Have they gone out of business, moved or are they starting some new LDS under a new name? Their website is still up. I need to pick out a LDS.

I've heard it's true; unfortunately they're gone.

Well, this is disappointing. For anyone who used to use SDUA, I'd like to know what LDS you plan on using in the future.

Let's put it this way, I live in LA, and still used SDUA for nearly all of my fills.

I'm going to stick to LA now.

I (re)cert'ed with SDUA just a few months after they opened their doors. Chip, Liz, and Robert are some of the most thoughtful and helpful dive shop staff I've ever met. I'll miss them a lot.

I've heard that Chip and some others may be instructing via Diving Locker on Balboa, which is just a mile or three from SDUA's old location.

I'm heading over to the Diving Locker in a few days to check them out again.

I've heard that SDUA's membrane Nitox system has been acquired by Deep Outdoors (the equip manufactuter) which is located in Poway.

"robert"? do you mean Shane? Sadly he left sdua quite some time before the shop closed.

the nitrox system has not been aquired by Deep. they use their own system. sdua's system hasn't found a home yet.

For what it's worth, if you are needing Nitrox, or Trimix, IB Divers pumps both too. I think they are the only shop left in SD pumping anything other than air. I really liked SDUA and it is a shame they went under, so all my business will be in IB now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom