Sea Cure Mouth Piece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my SeaCure! No jaw tension or pain, no matter how long the dive. Wish I had one for snorkeling, too.

I wouldn't dive my primary without one, there are issues and things to remember about them though

1) when molding be very relaxed, you want just enough imprint to make the hold tight, and I found if I press outward with my tongue really helps them to get a firm and comfortable grip on my teeth.
2) If you trim their length, do it in small increments after its molded, cut too much, even 1/8" too much and they are worthless, think about how annoying a grain of sand is in your mouth, how small is that, cut carefully
3) I found that they are worthless if you have to share air with your primary second stage (not exactly DIR compliant), Also your buddy with be annoyed if you have an Air2/safesecond and he/she is stuck with your molded mouthpiece, granted they aren't exactly going to complain while being rescued, but it one more thing that might stress them in an already stressing situation.
4) I have also found they wear quickly, generally by the time your reg is ready for its annual service, they have hardened (lost elasticity) and will often crack when removed from the reg. Not a huge deal, but $29 extra a year to replace. Although, the newer, Hi-flow ones seem to be better about this (only ones available now, I believe), I don't think my last one cracked, but I think that was a first in about 6 years.

I have one that I'm not very happy with. It seems to me that the mouthpiece gets rather rigid when diving in cold water. I'm planning on switching back to the original mouthpiece.

Some interesting points here about this mouthpiece.

Looking to pick a couple up soon myself. If anyone out there has a Sherwood SR1 also, would i be right in thinking that the size II would be the correct size.

Secure's website has no mention yet of the SR1.

SeaCURE II fits intermediate size orifice regulators (size 1-7/16 x 7/8?
ABYSS Explorer
AERIS
AQUA LUNG newer, including Titan + Legend
BEUCHAT Evolution, Iceberg, Nitrox, VXT8, VXT Octo, VX4
DACOR Viper + Eagle
DIVE RITE, including O2ptima rebreather, but not the Jet Stream 4500
FORTE
GENESIS
HALCYON REBREATHER
HOLLIS uses a Professional model II
INNERSPACE Megalodon rebreather
MARES-newer models (but not MARES MR-12-II, III, IV or V)
OCEAN EDGE
OCEAN REEF
OCEANIC (cannot fit Zeta)
ODYSSEY
SCUBA MAX
SEAQUEST (now APEKS)
SHERWOOD (Maximus,Oasis, 2/92 and newer Blizzard)
SPORASUB
XS SCUBA (previously IDI, Osprey is a I)
ZEAGLE (may be snug, warm if need to)

Many thanks

Timo

Back
Top Bottom