Sea & Sea 15mm lens for Nikonos V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gursey

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello. I dug out my old Nikonos V camera, sent it in for servicing, and plan to dive with it next month. I have a Sea & Sea 15mm lens, and plan to use it. Although the 0-ring is still on the lens, the lens itself was not stored attached to the camera. I looked over the o-ring carefully, and it looks to be in good shape. I plan to grease the ring, and use it on the Nikonos V.

My problems is this: I was told by Bob at Southern Nikonos that the o-rings for the Sea & Sea lens are bigger than the o-rings for the Nikonos 15mm lens. I searched the entore planet for Sea & Sea o-rings, but can not find any. I took the existing o-ring off to compare with other Nikonos o-rings, but see that I have been using Nikonos o-rings on this lens since last use over 10 years ago. The camera did not leak, anmd I am assuming that I have been changing and greasing Nikonos 0-rings for this lens for many years prior to learning this information. Now I am worrying that I have been using the incorrect o-rings since using the Sea & Sea lens.

I am curious of other divers that used the Nikonos V and used Sea & Sea 15mm lenses ever used Nikonos o-rings for the lens? I guess Sea & Sea discontinued making these 0-rings over a year ago, so they are scarce. Should I toss the lens (relatively new when I last used it) in the trash, or continue using the Nikonos o-rings? Any thoughts?

Thank you for any hewlp/suggestions.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom