Sea&Sea housings w/ fiber optic sockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jongwonwoo

Registered
Reaction score
It's quite impressive that Sea&Sea's D700 housing has fiber optic cable sockets.

They should have made D300 housing with those sockets, shouldn't they?
More photographers become to use fiber optic cables, and those ttl distributors are somewhat ridiculous and pricy.

Are they going to keep making housings with the fiber optic sockets?
I really hope so.

Hi jongwongwoo-
Yes, the MDX-D700 housing is equipped with dual fiber optic cable sockets. The MDX-D300 was designed over 12 months ago, so a bit before the decision was made to add FOC compatibility. Look for it on future housing models!

It was a bit surprising when Sea&Sea launched D700 housing that has sockets for fiber optic cables and I thought it could be a sign for the change.

If there's Sea&Sea housing for D90 w/ fiber optic sockets in the market, it could be the best choice for me and other p&S users who are considering upgrade.

Anyway, there comes a new Canon 500D camera and Nikon D400 soon, and I'll be waiting for your housings.

Does anyone know the weight & dimension of Sea & Sea D700 housing? Cannot find this in the official web site. I am interested in this housing.

Back
Top Bottom