Sea Shepherd starts operation Musashi this November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They believed an animal had the right to enjoy life before being killed for its meat. They found the idea of killing baby animals for food to be repellent.

This is beautiful. I feel this way too, but broaden the sentiment to include along with longevity, the quality of the animal's life. Chickens should walk around and peck corn and bugs, cows should wander through pastures, etc. I am disgusted by the industrial meat factories that we have developed, where for their entire existence, our meals suffer for the sake of the dollar. Absolutely repugnant.

You are no marksman, you have completely missed the point or you have a reading difficulty. The point being made is can we go on whaling while the numbers are so low.

The numbers are rebounding substantially, definitely enough to permit limited commercial whaling.

The numbers are rebounding substantially, definitely enough to permit limited commercial whaling.

As you are an expert I will take your word for it :shakehead:

LOL - yep the science behind their program is bogus, and apart from age determinations using the ear bones there is nothing you have to kill a whale for to find out. You can even get a good idea of their diet by scoping up and fingering through their poo: a job a few Phd students I know have been doing.

A few scientists in Australia went through the couple of hundred papers written by the Japanese whaling group and, discarding papers that stated the obvious or could be done without killing the animal, were left with around 5 papers.

I just love threads like these – everyone gets so serious and sanctimonious, people starts trading insults, and then the whole thing derails. When I see train wreaks like these I just have to get on, if only to

Cheers and beers,
Rohan.

Isn't there something in the TOS about provoking :no:

Isn't there something in the TOS about provoking :no:

Only if a mod is watching :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Oops, not watching but reading. Members that are caught trolling will be banned from this thread. Several warnings have already been issued.

In my humble opinion, I think the original post was itself a trolling one. No informations were given, just a statement to revive a very old SB rivalry.

This being said, and to stay on topic, I, like many here, believe strongly in conservation. But the SS methods and choices of fights repulse me greatly. They take advantage of peoples emotions to raise money for their piracy acts. They will chose to fight for cudly animals even if not endangered over endangered "ugly looking" species. I have known Greenpeace all my life and respect their ways and opinions, even when I disagree with them. Exactly the contrary to what I think of SS...

Back
Top Bottom