Sea Sick on a live-aboard?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver:
Wow. My doctor told me it was okay. Guess not. Hmm, wonder why you can't?

Possibly because cutting the patch could adversely affect the drug delivery system and/or adhesion. Also a good way to get loose active ingredient onto the fingers and into the eyes.

It may be your physician's experience that these are not concerns when dividing the patch. You should discuss it with him/her.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hmm. Good points there.

A note about using the Patch: After you put it on, WASH YOUR HANDS with strong soap. Not in a minute, not after while, RIGHT AFTER. If you don't and you accidentally touch your eyes, the medication causes them to dialate and burn for a long time.

Hm.

I've never done a liveaboard, but frequently use dayboats.

Nothing really works for me, I always get sick...

I've tried the scop patch, the electric wristband, the regular (pressure) wristband, ginger, travacalm, the Royal Navy one (that you can't get in the US yet).. I've spewed through all of them (some at the same time! eg. patch + wistband)

The good news is that I do get used to being on a boat - so the first day I will spew over the side but the secon day I will just feel like s**t...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom