SeaLife DC500 5.0 MegaPixel Camera Pro Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's incredibly disappointing when a company rushes a product to market before all the flaws are worked out. It really wouldn't have taken much effort on their end to resolve these issues before they sold the first camera. They never fixed the problems with the DC-310s and I don't think people will have much luck with the 500s.
This is a perfect example of what not to do when making business decisions, I predict the company is headed for hard times.

micahjt:
It's incredibly disappointing when a company rushes a product to market before all the flaws are worked out. It really wouldn't have taken much effort on their end to resolve these issues before they sold the first camera. They never fixed the problems with the DC-310s and I don't think people will have much luck with the 500s.
This is a perfect example of what not to do when making business decisions, I predict the company is headed for hard times.

Yup. The reason they had a panic "rush to market" with the product is that the DC500 fell behind on when it was supposed to be released. They had planned a much earlier release date. Because of the early planned release date of the DC500, they stopped production of their DC310 cameras to sell the newer camera. Problem was that they were running low on the DC310's and the DC500 wasn't ready yet, so they had to rush to get it to market. It's obvious that it was shipped with flaws in it's system. Unfortually they are not the only company that does thing such as this though...

Unfortually they are not the only company that does thing such as this though...

Dr. Demming pointed these flaws out in the American industry ~40 years ago?? and folks still haven't figured it out. :06: I wonder if the Japanese camera giants do the same thing???

It's by far, more cost efficient to rigoursly test a new product and fix all of the issues prior to it getting to market, even if you have to delay the launch. This doesn't even take into cosideration the public relations damage that is done when you ship out a bunch-o-:D .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom