SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The battery for the DC800 is 1250 mAh and should last for 2 tank dives, 2+ hours, or 200+ pictures. (It's almost twice the capacity of the DC600 battery).

Yes, all of the older models of SeaLife strobes will work with the DC800.
yeah, denise, rub it in....:no:wink:

I have the DC 600 with the new digital strobe and I have gotten some great shots. Is there some attachment which will allow an above/under water shot?

I have actually taken some shots like that on my Mini. They actually came out pretty good.

How is the shutter response? I have used too many cameras that by the time the shutter reacts, I am only getting fish butts! :D I have been trying to figure out which camera I have wanted for over a year now... might this be the one? I need to see it up close!

Th DC800 has one of the quickest shutter responses of any digital camera I ever used under $1,000.

Shutter Response:
0.3 seconds (Auto mode, flash off, landscape focus)
0.1 seconds (Ext Flash mode, flash on, landscape focus)

Shutter Speed:
Land mode: 1/10 to 1/5000 second
Sea mode: 1/60 to 1/5000 second
Ext Flash mode: 1/90 to 1/500 second

Netdoc, get the DC800 with the new Digital Pro Flash , between the quick recharge speed of the flash and the fast shutter responce of the camera you will get great pics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom