Seaquest Balance or Zeagle Escape?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is an old thread but I'd like to revive it. I'm looking for a good travel BC for mainly rec diving in warm waters. Most diving will require fair distances of travel as well. These two BC's promote their ease of travel and have loyal followings. Any opinions?

jlivengo:
I know this is an old thread but I'd like to revive it. I'm looking for a good travel BC for mainly rec diving in warm waters. Most diving will require fair distances of travel as well. These two BC's promote their ease of travel and have loyal followings. Any opinions?

Of course my vote is the heavy duty harness of a ranger, combined with a compact single bladder that doesn't trap air and packs up small... That would be the Zeagle Brigade

with my Balance. I used both and Escape and a Ranger
for my OW course and was happy with them also.
The Balance did seem a little bit harder to vent air
compared with the Escape but minimally so. I don't
think you would be wrong with either choice...
BMW or Mercedes, Chevy or Ford

I had no trouble packing my Ranger for a week in Fiji. Next time, though, I'll probably take my Scout - packs smaller, weighs less, and has more than enough lift for warm water.

Just got back from Cozumel today with my Balance.
Worked great. very comfortable.

went with the Balance over the Escape because of availability at LDS and they were running a special, so I got the Balance for a great deal.

No problems with the travel weight or packing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom